Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stark Screaming Mad

That's how my day started. With screaming. I don't care if you are a morning person (which I'm not), screaming is not what you want to hear first thing in the morning. And it hasn't stopped. We're screaming cause we're happy, we're screaming cause we're mad, we're screaming because our brother is the tickle monster and he's coming for us.

Charlie's been in California since Tuesday, and so help me, if this rain delays his plane even ten minutes, the Lord and I are gonna have a talk. And I'm not gonna pull any punches, because I have a long hard road ahead for the next sixth months and I'd appreciate getting broken in nice and slow. A little help here please.

I've changed sheets on three beds, three to go. Fixed two squares, a snack and one to go. I've redressed naked baby dolls, collected every stray friend from here to the nether-lands and put them in one, easy to choose from spot. I've done dishes. I've done my 14th jumbo load of laundry in two days. And DAMN You Perfect Post Awards , I've read seventeen or so Perfect Posts, (and Lindsay if it's not too much more trouble could you categorize the PP's into categories, say, Serious, Sad, Seriously Sad, Seriously Funny, and so on for next month?) I've written a crabby email to channel 11 for delaying the Saturday Morning Cartoons so that we can watch 4 hours of continuous Saturday Morning News and CBS Saturday MORNING whatever the heck. It's not even safe for my kids to turn the TV on ON A SATURDAY MORNING! And did I mention I have a screaming headache. (Yes I took some Tylenol, not helping) Then Charlie called and said "I'm at the airport and they've overbooked the flight and they're offering $300 for people who will take the next flight." and in the most calm and sweety voice I could muster I said "We'd much rather have you home than have $300." And have I told you about Ace playing the Eye-ano? And that our Eye-ano has drum rhythms and plays "Doe a deer, a female deer"? And as I gave up trying to do any more chores and just layed like a lump on the couch with the kids, to watch the 3rd airing of Kercules, Charlie called again and said "Now they're offering an additional first class upgrade for a flight out first thing in the morning." and I gripped the couch with my fingernails and tried as hard as I could not to scream "GET YOUR ASS ON THAT PLANE AND GET HOME RIGHT NOW, I MEAN IT!!" so I said "I don't care baby, whatever you think." And thankfully, he did not call back, so I'm assuming he is on his way. Oh and I just got the sweetest email from my New Friend With Four Kids, and now I'm crying, and GOOD LORD IS IT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH ALREADY? Get ahold of yourself girl!

Ach-hem. We interrupt this program for the following announcement.

I'd like to say if your looking for reading that's a little more uplifting, my neighbor, known here as Sunny, has started her own blog called The Laughing House. She's the most positive person I've ever met, she is a hoot. And maybe I'll tell you some stories about her some day! Hee, hee! When I'm having a day like today, I just look out my window and see her house across the way and I just feel calmer. But seriously, that plane better not be late.

There goes the dryer....gotta run.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, how fast can I get to Texas? You need some serious hugs. If Charlie doesn't show up soon, I will hop a plane. The ex has the kids and I've never been to the Great Sate of Texas.

Seriously, I know that it sucks right now and that you are questioning your sanity. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. The kids will be in bed soon, if they are not already, and then you can recoup and reflect. And eat some ice cream. Because after a day like you have had nothing is going to make it feel better like ice cream or maybe truffles.

My heart is with you. Hang in.

but Momma said...

I have a few things going in my favor, the plane was on time, my Hubs is picking up my baby, back from Boy Scout Camp, I told him I lost the battle of the Neat House, he's picking up dinner, I have BOTH ice cream AND truffles in the house. :)

You can stand down. But the thought of you hopping a plane to Texas...I like it!

Anonymous said...

Good, I was worried about you. Am glad that the Calvary is coming to the rescue...with food and First Born Child. Sleep well.

Pollyanna said...

I have one and only one thing to say. BIG BROTHER STARTS THURSDAY! And so does RockStar. That has got to cheer a sista up. :)

I am glad Hubs made it home safe and that he brought dinner with him. Smart man. Is he going to be traveling a lot in the next 6 months?

SuperMom said...

You're cracking me UP!! Dontcha love those days?

I'm linking to you, by the way. You are one funny lady.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm glad Miss Supermom directed me here! You are soo my type of Mom! Love it!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Ha ha ha ha! CATEGORIZE the Perfect Post Awards? Woman, are you NUTS?! ;)

but Momma said...

Lindsay, I kiid, kiid!