Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm Baaaack

And I can tell you all about San Antonio. Well, I can tell you about the North part of San Antonio and.. o.k. I can tell you about the Drury Inn at FM 1604 and 281 and the Chuck E. Cheese right at the corner.

Oh, the joys of vacations with kids. :) I'd like to have a lot of hair raising stories to tell and complaints to chew on, but the truth of it is, I've spent an entire week without cooking one meal. Six glorious days without making my bed up one time. AND CABLE!! A two room suite with two t.v.'s, one on Nickelodeon 24/7 and me on the other scanning thru channels I hadn't seen in such a long time that I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes on any one channel, for fear I was missing something more compelling on one of the others. Every morning we got to go down and eat sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, four choices of cereal, waffles made fresh, orange juice, apple juice, milk. (And maybe some fresh fruit and yogurt, but COME ON, I'm on vacation!) Then Charlie would come back from the office and take us to lunch, then back to the hotel for more cable and naps, and back up and refreshed for "snacks" at 5:30. :) But we got some "exercise" at Schlitterbahn, going around the Lazy River . We spent two days on the Kristal River and sitting in the shade watching toddlers slide down Pirate Ship Gang Planks and octopus arms. Truth be told, there was a little chasing involved. And yes, a panic attack or two when someone who will remain nameless Ace, snuck off the gangplank and headed for the submarine without letting his Mom know where he was going. But then I have to go back to the sausage, oh and funnel cakes at the park, with powdered sugar on top.

We went to a great restaurant called the Alamo Cafe where I had my bi-annual margarita fix. And then we hit all the standards that come with a playground, arcade, or sandbox. And of course no family vacation would be complete without a trip to an Acute Care center for antibiotics of one kind or another. Every day I would tell Charlie, "I think we'll go on home tomorrow." and he'd say, "Well, you could stay tomorrow and we could take the kids to see Cars." "Okay." Then the next day I'd say "I think I better get on back to the house tomorrow." and he'd say "Ya'll could hang out at the hotel pool tomorrow and then we could go to dinner when I get off." and I'd say "Okay." The clincher came this morning when Melee' woke up crying about his ear hurting and after laying on his side with anti-biotics pooled in his right ear for 50 minutes, I realized the inside of his ear was so swollen that the medicine wouldn't go in. So we had to come home today. But don't feel sorry for us, we got to the doctor where they put a wick in his ear to get the medicine down (he was a brave guy) and then on to the house where my Mom has been painting, rearranging, washing, weeding and I'd go on but I'm starting to embarrass myself.

Tonight, I sleep in my own good bed.

Tomorrow, I'll try to post pictures. :)

I missed you guys!

4 comments:

Andreia Huff said...

Yeah! Youre back! Sounds like fun!

Pollyanna said...

I was wondering where you were...and I am glad you had fun! It sounds delightful. Um, was your Mom doing all that cleaning, weeding, painting, at your house?? If so tell her to come to Cali and help a girlfriend out. :) :)

have you kept up on BB and RockStar? If not let me know and I can clue you in.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Sounds fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't care who cooks for me or even how good the food is...I am just grateful beyond words not to have put food on the table.

hope your little man is feeling better.

Can I borrow your Mom?