Monday, July 10, 2006

The Person I Need is Nanny McPhee

The brother and sister-in-law and niece are gone.

Charlie's in San Antonio for the week.

And Nanny McPhee will be here tomorrow.

Well, Nanna McPhee. Or just plain ole Nanna. I love it when The Calvary comes to town. My mom is a recovering perfectionist, at least when she's at my house. We try very hard to get our ducks in a row before she gets here, and she's equally good about telling us how WONDERFUL the house looks when she does. Then she starts cleaning. She cleans, I cook, she organizes, I herd, she paints, I entertain, she babysits, I run errands. It's a beautiful system and I squeeze everything I can get out of it, till she has had all she can take, and exhausted and usually sick, she returns home for her much earned vacation from us.

We usually rearrange at least one area of the house while she's here and I'm thinking that we may take down Ace's baby bed. (He's broken the latch on it and jumps in it so much that I'm afraid it's getting dangerous.) So we'll have to exchange the bed that's in Melee's room for Peaches bed and then get out the frame of the other red bed, so that the matching beds are together in the same room. This is so boring, you guys can hardly keep going, but I'll put a funny picture at the bottom, so stay with me. Then next week when I start "The Adventure's of Ace, the Amazing Out of His Bed Baby", you'll know how it all started.

She's planning on sticking around for quite a while this time, as Charlie's going to be out of town a lot over the next six months. It will be fun to see just exactly how long she can take it. I forsee a trip to the Home Depot for a couple of new sets of baby gates. Mine have all been used up and broken and she's a big fan of containment. She likes to gate off the kitchen, because much like Cook she believes the kids should NOT be in the kitchen.

So, I've got to get rolling, I've still got seven loads of laundry to do, I need to purge the toy box (it won't close) I've got to mop the floor, and re-make a few beds. I've got to get those kids a Whuppin' and a Ridin' we've got Choreboys to do!





Here's the gratuituous cute picture....

8 comments:

Bonnie B said...

My mother is Nanny McPhee's twins sitter minus a pleasing attitude-- or maybe I'm the one with the attitude I'm not quite sure.
Anyway she comes and cleans and rearranges and tries to reraise my kids-- hands out unsolicited advice-- I should be grateful for the help, but half the time I'm biting my tongue.
She really is a nice lady when she isn't doing those things and she'd be horrified if she knew she was doing them-- of course she'd deny it too

You've got to love your momma! I'm glad to hear you appreciate her. Pass the good attitude this way please

Anonymous said...

He's wearing the infamous swimcap...I love it.

I'm glad your Mom is coming to help while your hubby is gone.

Have fun with the bed switcheroo!!!

Andreia Huff said...

woo-hoo! There is nothing like help. She sounds wonderful. Can you lend her out?

me said...

wondering like andreia....can i borrow her for a week..please?

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Good luck on your extreme makeover! Ha! We have a newly wild baby out of bed as well! Yeeehaw!

but Momma said...

Sorry ladies, she's mine, ALL MINE... (sinister laughing)

Bonnie, it took me a few years to not see it as criticism. She just is who she is and you're right she's be horrified to know she made you feel that way.

The attitude just takes some adjusting and I had to face the fact that I need to take ALL the help I can get! :)

SuperMom said...

(clapping my hands in glee) I LOVE home projects!! Especially when you have someone to help you actually get them done.

Fun times.

And that picture is pretty dog-gone cute.

but Momma said...

OOOO, me too! (clapping and jumping up and down)

Loved your paint job! A project finished is a thing of beauty!

She's so fast she's got three rooms in mid re-arrange and I didn't get to take before pics! AHHH!