Friday, July 21, 2006

Schlitterbahn Shutterbug

* Disclaimer *

I am the single worst picture taker of all time. I just spent a small fortune having doubles made of some of the worst pictures you have ever not seen. Whenever I have my film developed, the clerk always seems to be absent when I go to pick them up, so that I don't have the option of giving back the 14 bad pictures in order not to pay for them. Conspiracy theory? I don't think so. In the collection that you won't see here today are:

A picture of my armpit, inadvertently taken as I hurtle down the pirate slide.

One jumbo closeup of my index finger.

A picture of John's eyebrow, the rest of his face being obscured by something on the picnic table.

Four pictures of Melee' putting "rabbit ears" on different members of his family.

Two totally blank shots, which I'll blame on toddlers grabbing my camera.

Six shots that were taken so far away from the subjects, that I can neither identify them nor remember them.



The crew, before the fun has started. Because, I know that chances are high that I will forget to bring my camera with me from one attraction to the other and that I probably will not see the older boys for the remainder of the day.




I remember this as being a great picture. Hunh.
No one looking at the camera, Peach totally covering her face.
Yep, I took it.









Oh look! A good picture of ME! Of course, I've got sunglasses on, so you can't see if I've got my eyes closed, which I almost always do. And blocking the excess rolls with cute toddlers. SCORE!
(And also, Charlie took the picture.)




Action shot.
After the action has taken place.

Mine.





Great smiling subject!
Forgot to check the background before snapping.
Sorry Charlie.





The lazy boys, in the lazy river.
How apropos.
Poetic almost.






Cute picture.
The boys however, are a little taken aback by the reality of their "man-boobs".

4 comments:

SuperMom said...

You know, nothing makes me laugh more than just seeing the words, "man boobs". I don't even have to see the boobs in question, I just find the phrase delightfully funny :-D

Pollyanna said...

Did i mention I too am the worst picture taker EVER? It's really really bad. I don't even take pics anymore, I let somebody else do it. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't care what you think, I loved the pictures.!

Your family is beautiful!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I loved the pics, too!!