Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Private Lessons

I just got back from John's viola lesson. I just have to say I know I look like an overprotective nerdy mother because I go in to the lesson with him, but the truth is I love to listen. When Mr. Smith plays along with John and John "makes his strings sing", the entire room fills with this wonderful noise that gets bigger and bigger till it tickles the insides of my ears and almost always makes my eyes fill with tears. John asked me today why it makes me cry and I said "You know what? I think it must be what heaven sounds like and it makes me cry cause I miss it."

How's that for sentimentality? Truly though, the viola and the cello? Most beautiful things I've ever heard.

Tune in later for a Big Brother update. Or don't if you're allergic. :)

1 comment:

Bonnie B said...

"It must be what heaven sounds like" How beautiful