Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rednecks and Motorcycles, The July 4th Edition



This is Charlie giving Peach a ride. Yes, I intentionally color-coordinated her outfit to go with my helmet. We may be redneck, but we're not colorblind.









Ace, taking a break. We brought out his battery powered four-wheeler so he could join in the fun. (If we were true Rednecks, the two year old would have a gas powered four wheeler.)











This is my niece, here for a visit. She has a spiffy Yamaha. She has an Aunt that takes less than spiffy pictures.










This is my brother and Charlie, racing the kids bikes on the pee-wee track. Yes they have big bikes they could be riding, but just because your over 35 and six foot tall, doesn't mean you have to act grown-up.









This is the back of Melee's head, continuing to propagate the myth of no pictures of the middle child. You're welcome.












This is My-hammy. "Take a picture of ME mommy, take a picture of ME!"
(Note the ominous storm-clouds)










My Brother and Charlie riding big bikes. The green one is mine. I didn't ride yesterday, you'll have to wait for the next installment of Rednecks and Motorcycles.
(Note the even MORE ominous storm clouds)










A picture of Muddy John after riding in the rain. Cause you can't say you had a good time if you didn't get muddy.












My muddy feet, because I wanted to have fun too. Or maybe because we didn't load up and leave when it started raining, so when we finally DID decide to load up and leave, (because of a little lightening) both trucks got stuck in the mud and Charlie and I had to walk in the rain to see if we could find a True redneck, with four-wheel drive, who would be willing to pull two trucks with a trailer holding five motorcycles out of the mud. We ended up having to walk about a quarter mile to the scoring booth and ask the owners of the joint if they would mind firing up the back-hoe and come drag us out with chains. And they did and we all lived happily ever after. Except the fireworks were canceled because of the rain, and fireworks ARE the coup-de-gras of a true Redneck celebration.

And also because I wasn't going to ruin my favorite pair of flip-flops.

4 comments:

62cherry said...

that looks like sooooo much fun!

Anonymous said...

Those are some muddy momma feet. Sounds like a good time was had by all. And I am so impressed that you have your OWN dirt bike. Go Momma!

but Momma said...

You'd loose ALL respect for me if you actually saw me ride. :) We got the dirt bikes as a stop gap measure to keep Charlie from buying a street bike. It's probably inevitable, but the thoutht scares me to death!

Pollyanna said...

Well,my husband & sons are drooling over your bikes.It sounds like you had a GREAT time. Despite the rain! Thanks for the pics.