Friday, June 30, 2006

Crafty as I Wanna Be

I'm a wannabe. I wanna be crafty and creative and make things and stuff, but everytime I try, it feels like I'm making a fruit loop necklace instead. I like to lurk Sewing and Crafting Blogs, and on one occasion I came across this Chick, who I have something in common with from Australia. She has a a shop called 62 Cherry and makes great bags. She blogged about making some singlets and included some pictures and they were SO cute but I didn't know what a singlet was (well my brother used to wear a singlet when he wrestled, but I didn't think that was what they were) so I emailed her and asked her about them. (I hope you're working on these for your shop!) In the end we did a swap and this is what I got from her for Peach.






Isn't it the cutest thing you ever saw! Thank you so much Justine & Molly! She hasn't had it out of her hand or off her body, until I took it away today to wash, because she's already spilled chocolate milk on it. I've got yours ready to go, but have had a tough time finding a Martha Stewart Kids edition. I'm going tomorrow to check at a real bookstore, so hopefully I'll be sending it out on Monday.



Thru Justine I found some really cool blogs like HELLOmynameisHeather , she has some really cute things that she sews and I guess her husband is a photographer and the pictures are colorful and beautiful!


This is a shirt she made for her daughter.


She also has a free pattern for some adorable bootie's.
(Alas, I have no more babies.)







And look at this cute colorful little ball. I should be able to do that right? Have ya'll seen that pillow I made for Peaches room that was supposed to be a neckroll pillow? Looks more like a sausage.


Anyway I'm inspired...





And then I found this little shop (again credit goes to Justine) of prints and postcards and dolls. I'm thinking about getting a couple of these for P's room.












Anyway, I could go on for days....


So today when we went to Walmart I bought some material and I'm going to make some beanbags to throw at a target board for the fourth of July.



I can't mess up a bean bag, right?
Well, other than the fact that I forgot to buy beans to put in the bags.




A CRAFTING I WILL GO, A CRAFTING I WILL GO, HI-HO THE DERRY-O A CRAFTING I WILL GO!

3 comments:

62cherry said...

so very happy BR loves her singlet and the book.
No dramas if you cant find the Martha Stewart Kids magazine maybe it's not out yet? Any Martha magazine would be great! :)

Anonymous said...

You Go But Momma! I will be your Yankee routing section. (Where the hell did I put those pom-poms?)

Personally, I gave up on the whole notion of crafting many, many moons ago. I couldn't figure out which end of the glue gun spit glue. Now I buy all of the stuff that the kids need and then I get the hell out of the way!

btw, most of your links are messed up. They are going to W3 com or some such. FYI. Love you.

but Momma said...

Thanks so much for telling me about my links! It always helps to make sure there is not more than one http://

They work now!
You're without a doubt my favorite Yankee!