Saturday, August 12, 2006

Terms of Service

Charlie's home again. This was week number four of his - "three weeks on the road, one week off" schedule. He's just home for the weekend and gone again Sunday night. He's on track to continue this schedule through Thanksgiving.

I'm being a trooper. That's my official position. I haven't complained at all, as far as I know. We've been very busy the last week and it went by very quickly, or so I thought. This morning however, when Charlie came downstairs, Ace took him by the hand and walked him around the house reintroducing him. "Dis my butta Jim-my. Dis my butta Tie-da. Dis my horsie. We hab lot's and lot's of Ice Keem in da little feeza." (So I'm drowning my sorrows in Blue Bell, get off me.)

I just got wind last night that the powers that be, may be considering extending his stay past the three week mark.

To Whom It May Concern,

It has come to my attention that the aforementioned schedule for updating systems in the branches may be extended in some areas. I think this is a fantastic idea, as I feel nobody is as qualified to meet these challenges as Charlie. However, there will be extenuating circumstances and terms that must be met. Namely, hush money. I require an amount that includes, but is not limited to:
The cost of taking four children to 2 movies per week including cost of popcorn, drinks and candy.
Tickets to one Astros game for seven. (My niece is staying with us)
Un upgrade in pay equal to half the cost of an eight passenger (white) Toyota Sienna.
Local delivery of a case of BlueBell Ice Cream in assorted flavors, all including some chocolate, per pay period.
Membership that includes daycare to LA Fitness Sportsclub or the Y, your choice.
Roundtrip airfare for 5 to California for one of the weeks Charlie is there.
Lawn service contract for such period of time as the schedule exists, including tree trimming services that will allow clear view from my Dish to the Satellite.
Various gift cards to local restaurants.
An email from you, one per week, commending me on my patience and fortitude and making sure there's nothing else you can do for me.
Loan of your fiercest negotiator on staff, to go with me to any and all parent/teacher conferences.
A pony.

I feel these demands, while extensive and outrageous are equal in nature to the length of time and intensity that we're missing our Charlie. While no doubt, he is a valuable commodity to the company, his continued absence here at home could send me over the edge.

Making you an offer, I hope you can't refuse,
Charlie's Wife

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I send you some ice cream? Some flowers? A nanny? A pony trainer?

Hang in, girlfriend. I'm sending you love and patience.

Andreia Huff said...

Love it! I wonder if it would work? I need to do the same but I want compensation for all the lost SEX!! uuurrrrggghhhh!

Pollyanna said...

WEll, the powers-that-be would be CRAZY crazy I tell you not to take you up on your VERY generous offer. Poor little ButMomma. If I was closer I would come and deliver some ice cream personally! :)

Does Charlie work in banking? this sounds like a banking gig to me....

but Momma said...

Ice cream ALWAYS makes it better! It just doesn't help me sleep, I'm a nervous nelly. And yes I wish you were all closer. Andreia and I are probably close enough to meet, but between her crazy life and my four kids ... :0
No, it's not banking. He works in the housing industry.

Suburban Turmoil said...

Girlfriend, that's rough. You're quite a trouper to not complain. I'd be bitching all day long!

Good luck!

but Momma said...

Lindsey,
Well, when I say I'm not complaining. I may actually be exaggerating a bit. And even though it's only been a few weeks since he started this gig, I feel like crying a little already.

Hormones ARE NOT just for the cute pregnant girls!

My kids have been having a ball watching Baby sing Twinkle Twinkle!

SuperMom said...

My husband was gone for NINE WEEKS once, only home on the weekends. It SUCKED.

Blue Bell Key Lime Pie is to die for.