Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Taking my house back, one room at a time.

Well today was the day. The kids are safely tucked into their desks, with lunch boxes filled with with ham sandwiches and funyuns. My brother Krull and his daughter Zoey are staying with us till they finalize the sale of their house and Zoey's mom gets her new job here. She and Melee' are both in fourth grade but we found out last night they didn't get the same teacher. She was bummed, but she's got one of the very sweetest teachers, so I know she'll be okay. The first day of school is always great at our school, most of the parents walk their kids to school and they let us walk the kids to class. Zoey and Melee' rode their bikes and get to ride home in the afternoon. John went with us to drop them off and then we came back to wait for the bus. We have a big group of all our neighbors and their kids that meet out front and wait together. The sixth and seventh graders of course, are way too cool to have their parents out waiting with them, but we insist and we try not to embarrass them too bad.

AAhhh, I can breathe. I have the house to myself. Well, if you don't count the two toddlers. Zachary's 3rd birthday is today and he's anxiously waiting for cake and presents. He picked out an obnoxiously loud pickup truck with buttons that make zooming noises and sings songs. He knows exactly which one it is, and I probably could have saved some money and not bought the other two presents, as I doubt he looks at them twice.

I've already got the playroom organized and put back together the way I like it. Vaccumed and sorted laundry, made the boys beds and am cooking some italian sausage to put in the crockpot for spagetti sauce tonight. Life is good.

I've made the executive decision that Ace will not be starting MDO this year and I'm going to hold him back and start him with the three's next year. I think I'll feel much better with him starting Kindergarten as an old five than a newly five. Bonnie doesn't get started till the first of September, so I've got a little QT with the babies, before we're 100% back in the routine.

I know, a terribly boring and routine post. Because my life is a joyfully boring routine.

Drum






4 comments:

me said...

i applaud your decision to hold the youngest back. my youngest's birthday is Aug 26, 5 days before the cutoff. he is absolutely the youngest in his class and it shows. in hindsight (damn again) i should have waited a year, but you know how excited the youngest is to start.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You're starting school already? Yikes! We still have 2 weeks left up here. I'm definitely not ready for summer to be over :-(

Andreia Huff said...

That wasnt boring and I love the smiley!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I agree. That wasn't boring. I adore that feeling of accomplishment!