Thursday, August 31, 2006

Proof of the Existence of the Stubborn Gene

Tuesday was Bible Study. Peach and Ace go to "school", while I go do my Beth Moore thing. Well we have Church at our Parish on Sunday, they have "nursery". Then there's Mother's Day Out at a different Church and Tuesday Bible study at yet a third. So there's always a question of which "school" they're going to today.

As we got ready for Bible Study on Tuesday Peach asked, "Can I take a friend" (Read stuffed animal)
"No baby, we can't take a friend today."
"Why not?"
"Because we don't want to loose it."
"I won't loose it."
"We're not taking a friend today."

Later, putting on shoes, "Please can I bring a friend?"
"No baby."
"Well last time I took my doodle bear."
"I know, but the teacher asked us not to bring toys."
"Why not?"
"Because they have their own toys they want you to play with."

While putting in ponytails, "Could I just bring this smallest puppy?"
"No Peach. We are not bringing any toys today."
"Can I bring it in the car?"
"I guess so. You can bring it in the car but not inside."

While walking to the car, "When we get there can I just take it in the building?"
"No, remember, we can't take it in."
"But could I just take it in and then put it in your purse?"

I make a full stop, turn around and look down at her and said, "Baby, why are you so set on taking that toy inside the building?"
"Because you're being boss of the toys."

3 comments:

Bonnie B said...

Oh I am laughing-- the boss of the toys how precious!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Stubborn is right! I sooo would have caved.

but Momma said...

Ughh ...gut shot ...