Saturday, August 19, 2006

Melee' the Bad Ass

First conversation, overheard while driving....

Melee' : "John, if any of those kids at school try to mess with you, you should just kick their butt."

Dad: "Excuse me? There'll be no butt kicking or you might find yourself getting one when you get home."

John: "Oh Dad. I'm not popular enough to get messed with. I'm like the next to the last unpopular. I'm not on the lowest level, those kids get made fun of. But I'm not popular enough to get noticed."

Melee': "They better not mess with you."

Second conversation, overheard after the first day of school....

Melee': "Zoey, if anybody tries to mess with you, they're gonna have to come through me."

Zoey: "My Mom always taught me a rule that says 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.'."

Melee': "Still. You let me know if anybody says something mean to you."

Third conversation, overheard after third day of school....

Zoey: "Melee', do you know that boy in my class named Albert? The one that wears the gold chains?"

Melee': "Albert? Yeah, I know him. He's a good guy."

Zoey: "Some of the girls in my class say he's mean."

Melee': "Well, if he's mean to you, you just come tell me. I'll talk to Albert."

Who says chivalry is dead? You want a piece a me?

4 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

awwwwwwwww!!! That is so sweet. I wanted a sibling like that!

Bonnie B said...

No I don't want a piece of you, but I'll take a side of laughs-- thanks for serving up a sweet dish-- loved the conversations I always fought for my brother-- looking back it probably wasn't the nicest thing -- little sister beating up big brother's tormentors

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I wished I'd had a brother like Melee' when I was a kid.

Not that I ever got beat up, but it would have been nice to have had a brother who would have stood up for me. My brother just liked to torture me. Ahh, good times.

Anonymous said...

Go Melee! Every family needs one. "Come near my sib and I'll beat the tar outta you!" That's togetherness.