Monday, August 28, 2006

A Random Bitch

I had one of those days.

It was all good. Went to Walmart, remembered things I didn't have written down. Resisted temptation and ate lunch at home instead of drivin'-thru. Had my dinner planned. I don't know what happened.

I looked up and it was 2:00 and I didn't have the wonder-twins down for a nap and I was running out of time fast. And then it just snowballed down the hill from there. Melee' and Zoey got home and I'm trying to crack down on the snack-fest that's been happening every afternoon, which drew immediate tears from Melee'. Peach got up on the wrong side of bed, which is the side she layed down on. She and Ace fight over this one stuffed dog. It belongs to Ace. He and Melee' got these matching puppies in there stockings a year ago, only Ace's is smaller than Melee's. So by virtue of it's smaller cuteness, it's the one Peach just has to have. And of course, because it's the thing she desires to have most in the world, he's not giving in. She went to nap with the words "But, that's the puppy IIIIII want...." (sob..sob) and woke up with the words "Why does he always get that puppy?" (sob...sob) Ace woke up crying as well saying "She blahblah * indistinguishable mumble* and she push me." Of course she was downstairs at the time and he was safely tucked in his crib.

I went in the kitchen to police Snack-fest and start my dinner and I'm busing plates and cups and drinks and yelling "AT THE TABLE! YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT AT THE TABLE! BRING THAT BACK IN HERE! NO EATING IN THE LIVING ROOM! IF ANYBODY ELSE TAKES ANYTHING ELSE TO EAT IN THE LIVING ROOM YOU'RE GETTING A SPANKING! I MEAN IT! YOU SPILLED WHAT? WHERE WERE YOU! I TOLD YOU TO SIT AT THE TABLE!" And during my fourth whirl through the living room I find yet ANOTHER apple with two bites taken out of it, then, as I turn back into the kitchen, there's Ace standing on the chair that I keep taking back to the kitchen table, eating another bite out of A DIFFERENT APPLE! I might have said a curse word under my breath. (and so did you after you read that huge run-on sentence)

The capper was Ace standing at the top of the stairs yelling for me by my first name (cause now he's heard Zoey saying it) at the top of his lungs, like a mini-Marlon Brando screaming 'STELLA! STEEEELLLLLAAAA!!!" I made him march to the kitchen, got down to his level and said "My name is MOMMA, don't you call me Geraldine any more, do you hear me?" Head down, "Yes maam."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! You write my life. Things can spiral out of control so quickly that I just want to sit in a corner and weep...or run away from home.

me said...

thnak God I am not the only one...i am just not brave enough to write about it, flashbacks and all.

Pollyanna said...

Lawd help us all. that could be a day at my house. Except the "yes maam" part, my kids would never say that. DARN.

Today on the phone at work I talked to a lady with 9, that's right 9, kids. No twins. AND she had 3 kids in college and was nursing the NEWBORN while she was on the phone with me. So not kidding. Can you imagine the blog that woman could write????

Musings of a Housewife said...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! I can so relate. LMAO about the food in the living room. We've been in this house for 9, yes NINE months, and the rule has been since the day we moved in, KEEP THE FOOD IN THE KITCHEN. Do you think I find them eating in the family room? Week-old sippy cups with WEEK-OLD milk in the playroom? You betcha. AAGH!

but Momma said...

I'm SO relieved that the whole eating in the living room is not just me!

I would have 9 kids too, if I could have my very own wife and an extra income or two. :)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Sounds like you need a few gallons of Calgon ;-)

but Momma said...

Margarita flavored, with a nice salt scrub!

Bonnie B said...

That was my favorite post you have written I think-- true life all the way. I LOVED it. Thank you thank thank for the terrific hilarious read

yerdoingitwrong said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG. This had my laughing so hard. I even read it out loud to hubby! You're such a good writer!! That was hysterical!

The Domesticator said...

Hey were you peeking through my windows? Sounds like a typical night at my house! Thanks for the laugh.

but Momma said...

Patti -

HA! I totally was! I hope you got my comment about the Barbie Doll dressups! I'm still laughing about that today! The "toothpick" was hilarious, but my favorite was the bustier on the sink faucet!