Friday, June 16, 2006

HOME, THEN IT'S SATURDAY!




We ended the week on a high note. It was Water Day, which meant 2 things. Number one, I didn't have to pack any lunches as all the classes either ordered in pizza or McDonald's. And number two, I didn't have to create any big time fillers as the Water Play portion of the day runs everything else short. A fairly stress free day.






Well, except for the fact that Ace wouldn't put on his swim diaper and the report was that he stood naked on the table screaming "NO!" when she told him it was time to put it on. After having had conversations with his teacher all week I can't decide whether she's apologizing to me, or I'm apologizing to her.
"Ace wouldn't let me put his swim diaper on today."
("I'm sorry I can't control your child any better than this.")
"I'm sorry, he usually puts the swim diaper on and then doesn't want his bathing suit on. I forgot to tell you."
("NO, NO! I'M sorry my child is SO uncontrollable.")
"Well, I told him it was o.k., I didn't want to be mean."
("No really, it's all my fault.")
"I'm sorry, I should have come down when it was time to change."
("NO, it's not You, it's ME!")

I feel like I owe her a mid-term teacher gift.


Aaahhh! The weekend to rest and relax. Except for the swim meet tomorrow, it's our last! And our last chance to improve those Freestyle times!

1 comment:

Bonnie B said...

Getting the kids dressed is sometimes the worst. At least, my kids aren't the only ones standing on tables naked and refusing to put their diapers on.