Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Before and After

First impressions are very important. Everybody says so, right? So in the spirit of first impressions, let me give those of you who don't know me, a quick tour of the "play" room.




This is the couch my mom gave me when she got a new one. I love red. Toys are mostly secured in the basket, a few flank the couch. My Mom does all my decorating and purchases most of my furniture. I'm not a mooch really, she just finds the purchases necessary way before I find them necessary, therefore beating me to the punch.


I took these pictures in the morning, so you can't see the great view out my window (just as well, my lawn's not mowed), but you'd be able to see my Mother's Day Flowers peeking up out of the front flower bed.






And yes, it's a recliner. I can't help it, I know it goes against the guidelines of tasteful decorating. But, I love a good rocking chair, or two. Good for baby rocking and story times, and if you're lucky a good nap. It's hiding the play kitchen.

And then there is the BEFORE...







A cautionary tale about what you'll face first thing in the morning, if you don't have the intestinal fortitude to make your kids pick up before they go to bed....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaaaaHaaahaa! Except for the decor, that is my house!!! (You have a beautiful home, btw!) And yes, intestinal fortitude is a must if you are going to have any peace of mind and be able to walk through the house without breaking your neck.

I am shopping for a digital camera. Hopefully I will able to share some of my chaos with you soon. Have a great week-end!

Anonymous said...

Justine -

I loved reading your blog - it's nice to see your sense of humor hasn't changed. I don't know how you do it with four kids, but you deserve an award!! Good luck with the summer...............

Pollyanna said...

OH man. that is the WORST. Getting up in the morning to a huge old mess. It's enough to make the toughest of Mommies just want to crawl back into bed! you DO have a beauitful house. :)

Nan said...

Thank you for these pictures! They make me feel so normal!! (how misleading... I'm not normal at all).
but thanks!!
Nan