Monday, June 12, 2006

Fast and the Furious 2

Right now,
for the third time this day,
You are on Your prone and
You are God Alone.

(an Ode' to Phillips Craig & Dean - You are God Alone ...by my four year old.)

Faith Formation Day II

Today we had to put the Skater Boys on their heels. We had two boys who came to class with Tennis Shoes that have skates on the inside that pop out. Not a good scene. But otherwise they were all really attentive and very good about participating. Faith Formation is a little different than VBS because we have a curriculum of lessons that we have to cover over the two weeks. The other option is for the kids to go once a week during the school year. Tomorrow we're baking apple pies and talking about using our talents. I made the mistake of telling Melee' that next week we were going to play baseball in class. I guess I didn't finish my thought and tell him that it was a quiz game, or at least until today. He busted out crying and said "Why does it have to be a quiz? I thought we were gonna play baseball!" I almost said "Cause honey, if I don't give you a quiz, how are you gonna get to heaven?" But as he has no sense of humor unless it's his own, I kept it to myself. You just have to know Jesus is at work somewhere, because the scope of learning is definitely limited.

My favorite part is the singing. I love to sing, but I can't. But during Faith Formation, I don't let little things like pitch and tune stop me. (And I try not to stand anywhere near my kids, cause they don't have any trouble telling me to quit.) We always start each session in the large hall with all the classes singing songs and doing motions and watching those Pre-K babies is the best! That, my friends, is a little slice of heaven, right here on earth! Then we head home and pop in that CD and listen to them sing all the songs..when I turn around in my seat, Ace always is singing with his eyes closed with Great Rock Star intensity! It makes it my day!

Today was Bubble Day at Katie's, we made Eagle's out of paper bags, which I can't show you because I didn't bring one home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't sing either, but it is one of my favorite things to do! I sing in church where you can belt out the song and no one knows that you aren't in key. I sing in the car when I'm by myself. And with the kids in the car, although they will occasionally ask me to stop as I am "ruining" the song...waaaa!