Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Young Peter Boyle


The other day I went to have my hair trimmed. The last time I went, I had waited a really long time, because I'm trying to grow it out. So she gave me a lecutre "You've got to get it trimmed every four weeks, if you want it to grow. When the ends die, the longer you wait, the further up the hair shaft it goes." Evidently they have a class on 'Hair Folklore and Other Ways to Keep Your Clients Coming 'Round', at the hair academy. How can I get to be this age and stage in my life and still be intimidated by the hairdresser? So dutifully I went back four weeks later to get the ends trimmed off and she said
"What? About an inch?"
"NO...MY HAIR DOESN'T GROW AN INCH EVERY FOUR WEEKS! MY HAIR DOESN'T GROW AN INCH EVERY FOUR MONTHS!"
But did I say no? No. I squeeked out an "I guess." and off to the races she went. Then she gets to the bangs and says "You grow out bangs too?" (she's oriental) And I said "Oh no, I've got to have my bangs! I've got a big forhead." And she said "No you don't. Everybody say that."
You be the judge.

2 comments:

Ashley Lasbury said...

From one woman with a seriously high forehead to another, I empathize. I cut off my long, earth mother locks a few years ago and let it go natural. Now I am sure folks wonder if I am my 4 year olds mother or grandmother...it grew in white. And to add insult to injury, at my last haircut my hair dresser, who just had her first baby, took her post partum angst out on my head. I look like a recovering cancer victim. You can see scalp!

Cute picture! And thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I just started it as a journal for family...who aren't reading in great numbers. How did you find me? Blog on fellow mom to four!

but Momma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.