Monday, May 22, 2006

Can't...make it...out..of the ....chair....

The grass needs mowing.

The laundry needs doing.

The carpets need vaccuming.

The sausage balls need mixing.

The house needs a good pickup.

The Yukon needs mass amounts of detailing.

Ace spilled another drink in his carseat a week after I washed it.

The couselor emailed and wants to call and have a chat, imagine that.

And here I sit mesmorized in front of this computer, not wanting to do any of it.

Ace has been so terrible the last two weeks that now I carry my wooden spoon in my purse.

Don't get the wrong idea, I only stir his diaper padded bottom occasionally, mostly I use it as a threat.

I could put my head down on this desk and take a nap now, but if I did, that's when the couselor would call.

Can you imagine the kind of impression that would make? "Mrs. D? Did I catch you nappin on the job?"

4 comments:

Ashley Lasbury said...

If I didn't nap each afternoon, I would loss my ever lovin' mind. Even if it is for only 1/2 an hour. It certainly makes me a better mother. We call it "rest" time and it is absolutely sacred. Hang in there, girl! The laundry, grass, toys and other assorted million things that need to get done will be there when you have the energy. Ashley

p.s. I have often thought of selling my "problem" child on e-bay. I'd get a good price, too!

Pollyanna said...

AMEN Ashley! I totally agree with her. I am on the verge of getting a job where I will have to work 9-3:30 EVERY day, which means no nap time for Mommy. Please let us join hands and mourn for a moment...there that passed. BUT I am seriously sad about the whole ordeal. I can't imagine not being able to take a little nappy po in the afternoon. *sigh* The things we do to feed our kids, SHEESH.

Hope you had a good chat with the counselor. EEK. What kinds of problems is child having?? And BTW I spent one whole summer with a wooden spoon in my lap, in my purse, in my hand, mostly exculsively as a threatning device. It worked too! :) Good Luck with that.

but Momma said...

Counselor is replying to my email that said "TTHHHPPT!" I tried not to be the squeeky wheel this year and it didn't work out. John qualifies to be in GT but can't hang in with the work load. Fabulous, bright kid with the focus of a gnat. Last time I checked he had a D average in Social Studies because he can't get all his A and B papers glued into an "Interactive Notebook". Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to excuse his behavior, but it just seems like such a waste. #1 Son always makes me feel like a looser Mom. :)

Ashley Lasbury said...

Therapist and diagnosis's aside, it is the childs journey, not our own. We should be their to help pave the way and learn from them. They are as much our teachers as we are theirs. Some of it we just have to give up to God. (No, I am not born again, I am a Unitarian Universalist.) Sorry to get all religious on you. Some of it we just have to let go of and trust the child.