Friday, May 19, 2006

In Honor of the Start of Football Spring Training

AN IMAGINARY CONVERSATION

"Hey, you're home."

"Hey, what's up with ya? The house looks great!"

"Thanks Charlie. We knew it was gonna be an uphill battle today. We've been training for it all season. We were really cruising through the first half , but I'd have to say when I lifted up the couch and saw what was under there, I thought we were gonna be outmatched. We've got a really young team and we were missing a couple of key players today; and even though I've got a lot of experience, we're well under the salary cap. We came out hard for the second half and just focused on the basics. We could have been stronger in some areas, but I think overall we're happy with today's outcome. We had no major injuries, so that will help us stay strong for next weeks match-up."

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

That's seriously FUNNY. :) I am sitting in a computer lab at school right now and am fighting the urge not to giggle. THANKS A LOT. :) :)