Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Read em and Weep!


My kid's smarter than your kid, my kid's smarter than yours, my kids smarter cause he aced the TAKS test, my kid's smarter than yours!

I can only gloat, because although he is exceptional in brain power, he's a little lacking in moral judgement. So there's room for you to gloat about your kid being holier than mine. We got TAKS scores back yesterday and they were BE-U-T-ful. Then my balloon got busted today when I got a phone call from him during English class.

"Mom?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I did have notes I was supposed to turn in today."

"The ones in your binder?"

"No, I already turned those in."

"So there were more notes that you haven't done?"

"Yea."

"So you lied to me this morning?"

"Yea."

"Why are you calling?"

"Ms. Wedemeyer made me."

Score one for Ms. Wedemeyer. Plus she's making him do the notes tonight and turn them in to her tomorrow. I worried all day about what his consequence was going to be and lo and behold, he came home with the answer. At the Big End of the Year Pep Rally, he won the grand prize. An IPOD NANO. He is SO busted! The Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat. I believe he's going to have his attitude adjusted, and right quick. Plus I'm taking him to confession on Saturday, ooo that's gonna hurt.


(Please note: The first line on the bar graph shows where the average kids score, the second line on the graph that's a little further to the right is where the smart kids score, and that little triangle with writing at the top and further to the right is MY kid. Don't hate the player, hate the game.)

4 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Well, I am glad the kid is smart! :) And I take you are going to ground him from his new thingy-be-bobber? Good thinking. How old is he again??? I am wondering when I can start looking forward to these types of high stakes pranks.

but Momma said...

He's eleven. But I'm not sure you can use me as a timeline. Kid would forget his head if it weren't attached. And yes, grounded...his Dad already has it loaded it with his favorite songs and plans to take it to work tomorrow. Shame on him.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for him.. and you! Isn't it great when all of the hard work pays off for both of you. Of course, good genes help! And I can totally relate to "morally challenged" children. Got a few myself. Never lie to the Momma!

Suburban Turmoil said...

An iPod Nano! Maybe you can take it away from him and use it in the meantime! Now that would really be punishment, *wink wink*!