Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sugar and Spice

Oh my girly,


I had such a nice time at your Mother's Day tea today! You looked so cute in your yellow ruffle shirt and hair pulled back to camouflage the bangs your Daddy wants us to grow out. I can't believe the year is almost over and next year you'll be a blue bear. The time is flying by and I wish I could just spend one more year of you being 3 and 4.

You've made me a girly-girl after all. I don't know if it was the extra shot of estrogen when you were in my tummy or whether it's just my proximity to you. When I was a girl, I didn't like anything with flowers on it. I hated wearing dresses. I drove your poor Nana crazy. When I was in grade school I would go in the kitchen and say to her. "I can't decide what to wear, what should I do? She would say "Why don't you wear that red plaid jumper with the black shirt underneath?" I'd wrinkle my nose and whine "I don't want to wear that." and she'd say "O.K. why don't you wear that white skirt with the rainbow shirt and ties on it?" I'd make another face and she'd say "You'll have to pick something yourself then." I'd head back to my room and feeling guilty, I'd put on the plaid jumper and sulk all the way to school.




You're the girl I wish I had been. I don't think I ever see you sulk. As soon as you realize you're awake, you jump out of bed talking and ready for whatever your day brings. It always took me a good hour to give way to the fact that it was a new day, despite the fact that I wasn't ready. Your love for shoes has inspired me and although they may just be flip-flops, I have them in every color, you gotta start somewhere.



I believe you make me a better Momma. So I'm gonna salute you for Mother's Day. I'm definitely a different Momma today than I was four years ago, because you've inspired me with your giggly ways. Don't get me wrong, the boys are special, but I already knew how to arm wrestle and shoot a basketball. Now I know how to whisper and giggle and accessorize an outfit with jewelry to match.





Love you!
Your Ruffle Hearted Momma






No comments: