Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

No camping for us after all.

Only rain. We got some hail on Thursday. It started raining right before #1 son was due to come home. I was looking out the upstairs window at all the rain when I thought I saw something move in Ms. Erica's yard. It looked like a big white baseball, and I thought, Melee' must have left that out in her yard. Then I no sooner finished my thought when I start seeing some smaller white balls falling. We mostly had marble size hail and it was funny because it was hard to see it falling, so it looked like little white marbles popping out of the grass like popcorn.

Instead we took the kids to Gatti-town and you would have thought they'd hit the lottery. Has it been that long since we went to Chuck E Cheese? I guess so. Someone in the sixth grade has been grounded almost all year long. And the streak continues. After looking through his notebook I found most of the things he was missing in the "interactive" notebook, he just didn't have it glued in the book. One of them was one of the best maps he's ever done. What a waste! That notebook drives me crazy, I just want to yank it away from him and do it myself. It would be so pretty if I did. How can he have half of my chromosomes and not be able to color coordinate, title, cut, and paste? I had to iron 3 of the papers before we could even pretend to glue them in. And I just want to go to the teacher and say "Look, this "interactive" notebook is breaking his spirit and my will to live. Isn't there another way? Can't he make an appointment with you and just talk to you for an hour and then you can see he's brilliant, he knows everything you want him to know and then you can give him an A instead of an F?"

Enough of my tirade. The boys also got to go to the Space Center. I don't know how we've lived here this long and not gone, but there it is. They were short on the details, but they had a really good time. Then we pitched a tent in the living room so the kids could campout inside. Number One son bailed before I had everyone tucked in. Peaches came to bed with us around 3:00 a.m.. Ace came to our bed around at 5:00. And when we got up this morning the tent was empty and M. was found in his own good bed. So much for camping.

No comments: