Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tomorrow can bite me.

We did not close on the house today.




On Monday last week, they told me the painters were coming tomorrow. On Tuesday, they said they were coming tomorrow. On Wednesday, they told me they were coming tomorrow. On Thursday, we were temporarily distracted by the flurry of activity, so we forgot to ask when the painters were coming. Friday, no one was there to ask when the painters were coming. On Monday this week, they told me the painters were coming tomorrow. Yesterday they said that because they weren't quite done with all the things they needed to do that the painters needed to paint, they were coming tomorrow. Today was the day we were supposed to close, but before we did, we went out to see if they painters had come.

Chris called to talk to me about what he wanted to do with the front door surround so that it would better match the cedar posts. He made it sound like he was out at our house getting ready to rip down some cedar and finish trimming out the door. I said, "That sounds great! Will you be able to do the shutters today, since the painters are coming?" He said..

"Weeellll, eye gotta go down ta Midilothian today. Eye got this geye whose got this staircase that eye gotta work own. But I might be able ta get back this evnin. It's gonna take me about an hour for each shutter, so that'll be about two hours. But if I don't get back tonight I'll do it tomorrow."

Then when we got out to the house, not a soul was out there. My garage doors were up, like somebody had been there.

So we went to the bank and told the builder we thought he could have his money, tomorrow.

Actually we did a fifteen day extension, because the house probably still won't be done tomorrow!

Annie you are cordially invited for peanut butter and Big Brother, below are the dates for Trade Days where we can also have Taylor's Homemade Ice Cream, Funnel Cake and Fried Oreos. (Actually, I think fried oreos sounds nasty, but hey, who am I to say?)

September Market August 28, 2008 through August 31, 2008
If my house is done.

October Market October 2, 2008 through October 5, 2008
If my house is not done, I will be toilet papering somebody's house.

November Market October 30, 2008 through November 2, 2008
Reserved by my In-Laws, If my house is not done, my family and I will be forming an angry mob and burning down somebody's house.

December Market November 27, 2008 through November 30, 2008
If my house is not done, I will take down the tent city that I've formed in the driveway and move in.

2 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

The place looks gorgeous. Congratulations you guys!

Ann(ie) said...

woooooo! I AM so there!!!!! And I am a pretty damn good TP'er if you are in need of help. That would actually just add to the FUN! 8)
woooooo!