Friday, July 18, 2008

Losing Steam and My Enthusiasim is Curbed

It is going agonizingly slow in the "building" department. I guess technically we're done building and are now finishing out. One. Frickin'. Thing. At. A. Time. Oh, it looks like lot's of pictures, but if I was taking pictures of the things that still need to be done, it would take me a day and a half. (Man, these pictures take forever to load.)

That's right. I'm bitchy. You noticed. Get in line.



Last week the electricians were here. They installed our lighting fixtures. Except for the nine that didn't show up in the shipment. And the two I bought at first Monday. And the two sconces in my bedroom. And the fixture in the powder room. Which really isn't their fault because they don't know where to hang it yet. Because the pedestal sink wasn't in. And because the sink isn't in, we don't know where to hang the mirror. Can't finish the baseboards in the family room because the mantel isn't in, because


the tile in front of the fireplace hasn't been laid. Tile in the master is not done where they had to finish pouring concrete where they had to move the drainline for the tub. Light over the kitchen sink isn't installed because they had the hole in the wrong spot. They made another hole where it was supposed to go and the sheetrock guys covered them both. (Which is what the electrician wanted him to do.) Then for some unknown reason, knocked another hole through where he thought it was supposed to go. It was in a good
spot, but it was too big. So then we had to wait a couple more days for them to come back and fill it in again. They were supposed to move the plumbing for the pedestal sink over about four inches, because it was too close to the shower. When the plumbers got there, they told me they couldn't do that. That should have been done before the walls were in. (Ya think?) Too bad, so sad, I need to you to move it buddy. (Of course I said "Oh.")

They made an attempt to move it over by torquing the PVC over, but I think the only person who's going to be able to get through the shower door is Flat Stanley.
We have a garage full of trash and appliances. We missed one of the holes in the concrete in the family room. Charlie will be fixing that one on his own, because I'm off to Ft. Worth to pick up my Mom at my Aunt's house. Won't I be good company? The odds are good we're going to Joe T. Garcia's where the odds are equally
good that I'll be having a frozen adult beverage.

Bah, humbug.








2 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Adult beverages make it all better, dude. Believe you me. And if you need Haagen daaz therapy I'm your man. 8)

Ann(ie) said...

Who do you like on BB???? I want to see if we agree this Season. 8)