Sunday, July 27, 2008

Where's My Orange Moving VAN!!?

Well the appraiser came on Thursday and we're "mechanically" done. We passed as far as the bank is concerned and we're online to close on Wednesday next week.

Tuesday and Wednesday the house was full of workers, they were kicking A and taking names.

On Friday....crickets chirping. What a surprise, eh?




Charlie and I came up with our own punch list of things that need to be done. We're at about number forty-one. (There are six things just in these pictures) Not including the landscaping, because it's probably too hot to try to grow grass anyway. Now that we are ready to close and start paying for this puppy, I'm getting nervous and Charlie wants to go buy a new sectional for the bonus room. Easy for the guy who has a job to say. Not so easy for the girl who has to stay home and eat peanut butter and beans. But since my philosophy is that Charlie's always right, we'll probably end up with a new sectional. If only my philosophy were, Charlie and I agree on all decorating decisions. I'm confident we'll find a compromise, but he started with a sectional that looked like seven recliners lined up in a row. Uh, honey, I've already got seven recliners, all you have to do, is line em up in a row!

We also didn't agree on when the truck should come. We're going on a mini-vacation and he wanted to have our stuff delivered before we go and I want it delivered after we get back. I know, shocking isn't it. But once that truck full of stuff comes, I'm not going to want to leave for a while.

This has been just like having a baby. It's taken nine months and I've gained 30 pounds. The beauty part is I can sell this baby when it gets old enough to talk back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful, can't wait to see it "in the flesh"!! E.D.

Ann(ie) said...

That looks so stinkin gorgeous!!! I wanna come eat PB cups with you and watch BB!!! Oh and now I like Jesse and hate Keesha. My mind changes daily. hehe.

Did I ever tell you about the time that Matt and I went couch shopping? He found a set and they all reclined and he sat there and refused to move until I got the salesperson. That was it. We weren't shopping anymore. Those were his couches and he wasn't going to discuss anything else. hehe. He's usually not a put his foot down kinda guy so that cracked me up.