Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Musical Peeps

My kids are quite musical, they get it from Charlie's side of the family.

Melee' can play Journey's Faithfully on the piano. Never had ONE lesson!

John of course is our resident Viola player, whose speci-ality is learning and playing things by ear, which drives me crazy, cuz when it comes time to play the super simple pieces he's assigned by his teacher, he rarely gets it right unless teacher plays it for him first.

But it doesn't stop there, Oh NO!

Ace likes to express himself musically as well...when you make him happy he responds..

eg. "Momma, can I have some chockit meeeaaalk?"
"Sure."
"Dahn-dahn che! Dahn-dahn che! Dahn-dahn che!"

and if it's really special he responds with Smoke on the Water...

eg. "Can we watch Yightening Da-Queen?"
"Sure."
"Dah-dah-daah, dah-dah DAAH dah, dah-dah-daah, DAHN DAHN!"

And Peach made up this little ditty this morning...
"AAAH-ohhh, just shut the door, AAAHH-ooohhh just shut the door."
And she can tell me which lady sings which part. A little musical theatre perhaps.

It's a hard life for those of us who are musically impaired.

5 comments:

Ashley Lasbury said...

From one musically impaired mom to another...I sing your praises! Of course, my kids did NOT inherit any musical ability but that doesn't stop them from singing. Or me either.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

The "Dahn-danh che!" thing... is that "We Will Rock You"? Cause chocolate milk DOES rock, that's for sure.

but Momma said...

See what a musical moron I am! I think "We Will Rock You" is exactly right!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I'm muscially impaired, too.

Bonnie B said...

My daugther has been making up songs to the tune of "I'm a little teapot.' I'm ready to lose it.