Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Parakeet Takes a Dive

Well, it happened. Last Sunday afternoon at about 3:25 my Faith Formation teacher called and said "I'm so sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. Do you think you can handle the class?"

"Sure!" I said. "No problem!" I said. "Don't even worry about it, just get to feeling better."

I hung up the phone, turned to Peach and said "We're done shopping honey, gotta hurry home, Momma's gotta study."

"Why?" she asked.

"Momma's gotta be the teacher tonight."

"Not the teacher-helper?"

Worried? What me worry? Nah! Facing between fourteen and eighteen semi-pro teenagers whose parents have forced them to come to Faith Formation on a Sunday evening when they could be home chatting on their cell phones?

"Honey, grab two of those Jumbo bags of M & M's. No the GREAT big ones! That's a good girl."

Got home to find that I had forgotten to get my lesson plan for this week's lesson from Elizabeth before I left class last week. Called Marie, made arrangements to be there 45 minutes early so I could prepare myself for class.

The rest of the evening?

Crickets chirping......

2 comments:

Ashley Lasbury said...

I am sure you rocked their world. Can I send you my two teens. You can practice on them at your leisure.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You're a brave woman. I've led teens in a few different confirmation retreats before - and pulling impacted teeth is easier than making these kids talk.

But the good news is I've learned how to tap dance - so it wasn't a total waste!