Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful for...

a quiet house and perhaps a chick flick while all my houseguests and family are at my brother-in-laws having an old fashioned sing along.

Why am I here, and not there?

Can't sing. Oh, I can carry a tune, I just can't unload it. I'm the only person I know who has small children that will not allow me to sing them a lullabye. I was singing "Life is a Highway" yesterday and Ace said "NO! That's not your song. It's the MOOvie's."

Oh well. The little people are getting a good night's sleep and so will I! Tomorrow we're doing a gag gift exchange since we won't all be together at Christmas. And the food this week?

I'm so thankful for good food...and good company!

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

yerdoingitwrong said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your chick flick. AND there's a new Grey's Anatomy on tonight. YAY!

Bonnie B said...

I'm thankful for good good and family too-- and leftovers!

I wish my daughters would realize I'm not much of a singer. They want me to sing a bizillion songs to them before bed-- and sometimes in front of strangers ( I don't give in though-- scary). My oldest has a tape of Mommy songs that she listens to when she's at Grammie's on vacation. I've never lived that tape down and I wish I could snatch it away -- but I won't my baby would be sad.

Pollyanna said...

That is SOOO funny. My Mom loves, loves, loves to sing and she TOTALLY can NOT carry a tune. When she sings little kids cringe and cover their ears, I am not kidding. It is HILARIOUS. She doesn't give up though....bless her heart....

Hope you enjoyed your chick flick! What did ya watch?

but Momma said...

I was trying to watch Raising Helen, but watched the new Grey's Anatomy instead!