Friday, November 24, 2006

A Holiday Meme

A meme courtesy of Yerdoingitwrong.

  • 1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Duh! But I like to have a sip of egg nog every year, cause Mom always had some around at Christmas.
  • 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Just sittin'.
  • 3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like them both, Charlie likes colored, we do both. We put them on the house once, they may still be there .
  • 4. Do you hang mistletoe? I look for the real stuff every year, I need an excuse for my kids to have to kiss me more.
  • 5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I feel like it! Gosh!
  • 6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Dad's sausage dressing.
  • 7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I asked for a rabbit fur coat one year and when we got up that morning (our Santa gifts weren't wrapped) I had a stuffed animal rabbit under the tree. After all the presents were opened, my Mom got out the hidden box from under the couch that had the coat in it.
  • 8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? In third grade some kids were debating it in the recess line, so I went home and asked my Mom and she told me the truth. I ran off crying "You should have told me a lie!" (I'm sensitive like that..)
  • 9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If the kids beg, I make sure I have new pajamas wrapped, so they look acceptable for x-mas pics.
  • 10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Mostly with decorations the kids made every year in Mother's day out and some old popsicle sticks we had when I was a kid. (I think I need some new ornaments.)
  • 11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but then again, I live in Houston and I don't have to drive in it anymore.
  • 12. Can you ice skate? No. I used to be afraid of embarrassment, now I'm afraid of gravity.
  • 13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was a kid, it was a rabbit fur coat. The first year Charlie and I were together he suprised me with a ski-trip. The best gift I ever got!
  • 14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? All of it, being with the family, reminding the kids what Christmas is really about, driving around looking at Christmas lights......
  • 15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate Pie, Duh!
  • 16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Cards.
  • 17. What tops your tree? We have a star and an angel, John always wants the angel.
  • 18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, but I never say no to a gift!
  • 19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All of them, and I like to sing them loudly like, "HARK THE HEARALD ANGELS SING, GLORY TO THE NEW BORN KING!"

No comments: