Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Adding Injury to Insult

When the family was here over Thanksgiving, we did a gag gift exchange. I made a big play for this Kurt Cobain lunch box which I think is a hoot! I'm thinking about carrying it as a purse. I could keep my driver's license and change in the autographed thermos.
Well the other morning as I sat here at the computer, Peach came over, looked thoughtfully at the lunchbox and said "Mommy, why are you smoking?"




And then the other day as I was mangling the lyrics to Fergilicious to my liking, John said "Yeah! More like Flabalicious." After looking at my face, he followed it with a quick kiss and a "Just kidding mom." But I was still left to pull the knife out of my back all by myself and wipe it clean on my greasy hair.




5 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Kids say the crappiest, I mean DARNDEST things!

But enough about that... I love the lunch box!

My first thought was that you should hold on to it because it'll probably be worth money some day. But then I checked (see, I even do research for my comments) and noticed there is about a billion of them on eBay, so it'll probably be a while until they're worth anything (if ever).

but Momma said...

I'm so glad to know SOMEBODY's lookin' out for me!
Good thing I love it too!
Besides there being a billion of them, the chances of me keeping it pristine are nil.

Pollyanna said...

Oh kids....sounds like my little mommy-esteem-crashers. EVERY time a diet commerical comes on Trent writes the number down FOR me. And if there is ever a news story about bad Mommies or being overweight both boys suggest we tape it so that I can watch it later. What the hell? thanks boys!
And Kurt Corbain does look rather fetching on that lunch box, I am sure Peach meant it as a good thing! AND, who is she to talk after that horrible wig she wore for Halloween? :)

Pendullum said...

Ohhhh.... myyyyyy........

I still think the lunch box is kinda cool...

Bonnie B said...

Kids sure know how to suck the air out from under us! My littlest has taken to pinching my neck, another reminder that yes, gravity is taking affect