Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I write the Songs that make the Whole World Sing...



Can anyone give me some advice on a five year old and a three year old who think they own songs, and by virtue of their ownership can say who can and cannot sing them?

They just had a knock-down drag-out over which one of them was the true owner and therefore singer of the theme song for "Little Einsteins". It started with her singing the ditty at the top of her lungs as she can outsing him, due to her opera-like range, at which point he had to resort to picking up the heaviest object he could find and hurling it at her.

Is it possible to make up a rule about this? I thought I was already reaching new heights of ridiculousness when I started having to keep track of whose turn it was to use the remote control to open and close the garage door. (And yes that includes the ten and twelve year old.)

Oh and the newest rule of the day...from Peach,
"Ace, we never put the little potty on our heads. It gets stuck and it's really for babies to learn how to use the big potty."

I know. It's a little out there, but evidently, necessary.

4 comments:

Chilihead2 said...

I have no advice but I went through the same thing. Trust me, it's funnier when it's not you. ;)

Pollyanna said...

I agree with Chilihead up there, it's way funnier when you just get to read about it and not have to live it! :) I love the look on Peach's face, you can tell she's ready to kick butt and take names. Cracks me up.

The major war we have in our house is who gets to open the door with my key. It's crazy. Even crazier that I know who did it last and keep track. GOOD LAWD. the things we do to keep a semi amount of peace and a low amount of bloodshed, huh? :)

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I think Peach makes a good point. You really shouldn't put the little potty on your head. Good advice!

Bonnie B said...

My little girls fight over the "Little Einsteins" song too-- only unforntuately they are singing impaired. I'm surprised the cats don't join in