Thursday, September 21, 2006

Flexing My Freedom (to gritch)

To help Annie at yerdoingitwrong celebrate her hundredth post today, (CONGRATULATIONS!) I thought I'd play along with the horoscope game, as we both seem to be in the same kid of mood. Seems that Scorpio and Pisces must have something in common today.

Pisces:
What you have wanted is finally coming -- you just have to make sure to wait for it.

Overview:The stars say you should act now, or this little spate of boredom could become a regularly scheduled part of your programming. Expand your horizons so you don't feel stifled by your day-to-day routine. Find ways to flex your freedom.


Yes, I'm waiting on Charlie, who's on his way home tomorrow evening and I'm on my last leg. I told him Krull was going to want him to go riding motorcycles on Saturday, but he's going to have to figure out how to fit four of us on it, because Peach, Ace and I are gonna be on him like gorilla glue. Every night for the last week as I try to extricate myself from their room we have the following routine...

"Night-night, love you guys, sleep tight."
"But Momma? Momma....um why do I have that picture on the wall."
"Because Nanna gave it to you. Night-night, get some rest."
"But Momma? Momma? Um ... um ... why is the sun down?"
"Because it's tired. No peeps now. Night-night."
"WAIT! BUT MOMMA!" Bursts into tears, "I miss my Daddy!" sob sob...
Zachary: sniffle* sniffle* "Me too."

The stall techniques are always different but the end result stays the same. It's all about Daddy.

And as for my "little spate of boredom"..

Monday was Truth or Consequences with John's teachers where I wrote them to see how far behind he was. Scheduled him to go in early on Wednesday for "Interactive Notebook" help. Played hookey from BoyScouts. Baseball practice was a rainout.

Tuesday was dueling Dr.'s appointments for Peach and Ace. She had to get four shots. I usually take their hands and kind of gently lay over them, like you would when you give them a bedtime kiss, that a) blocks the view of what's going on and b) keeps them from jumping up and bolting for the door. By the time the nurse was on the second set of shots, Peach was purple and screaming at the top of her lungs, "GET OFF ME!! GET OFF ME!!" Then Ace had to have one shot. Both were supposed to pee in a cup, only Peach could be talked in to that circus trick. And then they both had to have a finger stick for cholesterol screening. Both are in the 90th percentile for height and the 95th percentile for weight. (As have been all my kids, despite the fact that we don't drink juice and we're currently down to 1% milk.) Then dropped John off for Orchestra lesson and had to have my brother pick him up as I had a Faith Formation meeting. I've signed up to be a Parakeet (better known as a paraclete or teachers helper) for eighth grade on Sunday nights.

Wednesday Mom and I trolled some New Model Homes as she tries to convince herself that she wants to move down here. She does want to come, just not on her budget. We went through this sub-division she keeps eyeing, but we think the neighbors don't seem to be doing a good job keeping up their yards and landscaping. As we turned the corner Mom said "Oh LOOK! SILK FLOWERS IN THE FLOWER BED! SHAZAM!" Okay, that made me laugh. Picked up Peach from school, had a nap and then found out John has six papers outstanding in the "Interactive Notebook". Melee' had a baseball game at 8:00. We wrap up at the batting cages and we head over to the ballpark when my brother calls, stranded in a restaurant parking lot when his truck won't start. So I leave Melee' at the gate with his team and turn around and head back in the direction of home. Get Krull and his posse dropped off and zoom back to the game. Game wraps up at 9:40. Because the adults agreed that it was too late in the evening, we did not have snacks and drinks after the game, which in turn sent Melee' into tears. "Well, I played so much baseball, I'm hungry again!" So I stop at Wendy's, cause I'm a soft touch, easily done in by crocodile tears. By the time we get home, get him showered and both of us in bed, it's 11:00.

And here it is Thursday, is it Thursday already? I wake up with a headache, Melee' wakes up on the verge of tears because he's tired. Ace wakes up whiny, Peach wakes up talking, and I can't get John to wake up at all. To top it off, I have MS. NO, no no, not multiple sclerosis, just PMS without the P. So I'm walking around all week long with this nasty attitude that I KNOW is so ugly and unattractive but still, I can't quit glaring at people. I'm dutifully taking my high-blood pressure medicine. I've upped my caffeine intake, I've added chocolate, two Extra Strength Tylenol and in a desperate attempt to make my headache go away, I stopped into Starbucks and ordered "UM...a grand-ay mocha frappachino light thingy." I'm probably going in the wrong direction with my headache remedy. But tomorrow, I'm hoping to expand my horizons so I won't feel stifled by my day-to-day routine...

Wish me good luck with that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm counting the hours until your hubby gets home...for you. And then do whatever you need to do to renew yourself.

Pollyanna said...

Oh man. I would DIE die DEAD if I had to be home all week alone with these boys. And you have 2 more than I do. ERRRR. How are you not a heavy drinker???? :)

I hope you get a good long nap and a nice glass of wine to make your headache go away. I have the MS syndrome too, ewww, I am sooo dizzy these last few days that if I stand up too fast at work I actually literally see stars. So much fun. I can't wait for menopause! :0 UGH.

yerdoingitwrong said...

I love people who can relate!!!!!

SuperMom said...

WOW!! Your new look is way cool.

What's up with the stalling at bedtime thing? Mine do it every single night. Drives me batty.