Friday, September 08, 2006

Chevy Suburban, The Official Car of Babylon

Yep, we got a gigantic Suburban. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to drive it is because I'm afraid I'll look like a Babylonian. "Hey! Look at me! I've got a SUBURBAN! A NEW 2007 SUBURBAN! Nyeh, nyeh, nyeh nyeeh, nyeeeh!"

In my defense, when we went to go test drive them. The Salesman walked up, took a look at all the kids, and said "Wow! A family who really NEEDS one of these things." So there.

Number two in my defense, is that I tried to get Charlie to look at a Toyota Sienna. Really. I did. I kept showing him online, how great they were. Pointed out the gas mileage. And the price tag. But he wouldn't even test drive one. Well, he said if I just HAD to, he would go drive one, but it wasn't going to change his mind.

Third in my defense is that we got the LS, cloth seats, regular wheels, nothing blingy about it. Plus, I'll be driving it for ten years, so you guys will be runnin' around in some nice new something or other and I'll just be plodding along in my 8 year old dinged up kid hauler.

However, least you think I'm being a bit too defensive.


HEE- HEE, LOOK AT IT! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! IT'S SO SHINY AND NEW AND IT HAS NEW CAR SMELL INSTEAD OF OLD MILK SMELL! AND IT HAS AN ONSTAR BUTTON AND IF I GET INTO ANY KIND OF TROUBLE, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS PUNCH THAT LITTLE BUTTON AND PEOPLE WILL RUN TO MY AID! THE RADIO TELLS YOU THE NAME OF THE SONG AND THE ARTIST THAT SINGS IT. THE CAR TELLS YOU THE TIRE PRESSURE, HOW MUCH FURTHER YOU CAN GO WITH THE AMOUNT OF GAS YOU HAVE IN THE GAS TANK, WHAT KIND OF MILEAGE YOU'RE GETTING, WHAT THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR TRANSMISSION IS, AND IT EMAILS YOU REPORTS! DID YOU HEAR THAT? IT EMAILS YOU REPORTS!

Charlie had to go out of town this week, and with my brother's trailer full of stuff in my driveway, I've just been driving my Mom's car. Wednesday after we moved all Krull's stuff to their house, I called Charlie and said "The trailer's gone ... now I can get out the Suburban and start driving it..." He said "YOU BETTER NOT! DON'T DRIVE IT WITHOUT ME!" Yesterday, Krull asked me to go shopping with him because he wanted to get a new T.V. for their house, so I said "I better bring my car, in case you buy something. You don't want it in the back of your truck." We got to the store and he ended up buying a 47" LCD t.v. that was so big it wouldn't fit in the back of my car! So we had to go back to his house and get the truck after all. On the way he called Charlie and said "Dude! I can't even get my T.V. in your fancy new car!" and I could hear Charlie yell "WHAT!? Ya'll better not be driving my new car!" and then he said "You don't need a T.V. that big!" After we got it loaded and were driving back to his house, we were stopped at a stop light and he said "Look! Those people are lookin' at us saying 'Wooo! Look at that T.V., it's the shee-ite!" and I couldn't help but giggle.

So maybe we're part Babylonian. But for the record, I wouldn't have bought a T.V. that big. He's just showin' off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooooo Momma! Better not get in your way or you will squash them like a bug!

It is beautiful. Enjoy!

Musings of a Housewife said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! I have the Sienna. *sigh*

Pollyanna said...

It IS beautiful! Good for you. That car/truck sounds awesome. that's what Chad wants, a Suburban. Good for you!!!!!

yerdoingitwrong said...

YAY! New stuff is fun!! It's gorgeous!

me said...

don't feel like you need to make excuses...it's awesome . congrats.