Saturday, May 17, 2008

Where a Sunshiny Day equals Bauhaus Buff


The painters are here! You'll hardly be able to tell what they've done, because the raw color of the siding was very close to the color I chose. Bauhaus Buff from Sherwin Williams. Because you need to know the exact right shade to paint your house when you want to match Austin Stone. You'll be able to see a little more difference when they get the trim work painted, it's going to be something Sable if I remember correctly. The cedar columns are going to be stained a similarly dark brown. I got to order the garage doors yesterday and they are going to be sweet! I was even able to get them with some windows at the top. (In the budget, thank you very much.)

This is what we have picked out for tile .. the small 1x1's are the decorative element for the master bathroom and the
12 x 12 is the tile that will go in the shower and in the small bathrooms as well as the utility room and the pantry. We chose the same color in a 16 x 16 for the entryway, hallways and kitchen.
Today we went to Home Depot today and bought white 2" faux wood blinds for the TWENTY windows in the house. OUCH! And then I still have two "french doors" that I did not buy with the integrated blinds and now I don't know what I'm gonna do with them.

And this, my friends...
Is why I typically don't add pictures of the two knuckleheads on the blog. This is their makeshift lounge, note the T.V. perched on a U-Haul box (classy, eh?). When I took the picture they both got really mad at me. John said, if it shows up on my web log, he's going to sue. I tried to get a shot of them wrestling, but they're very good at sensing when I'm near, as I usually sneak up on them so I can sort out which one started it and needs a time out. Melee' is the one with the pale stems and John has his first sunburn of the season, which by tomorrow will be a toasty brown.

Melee' and I are freckled haters.

2 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

ooooooooooooooooooh! I love it!! Gorgeous tile. Have I mentioned that I'm GREEN with envy???? That is going to be one stinkin gorgeous house. Already is. Give me a heads up for the housewarming so I can get a good flight price. ;) xo.

Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, it looks as though your blog design issues were resolved. Did Susie fix them for you or did you figure out something on your own? I'm still having issues over at my blog.