Monday, May 26, 2008

Three Day Weekends are For Catching Up on Laundry, Right?

It's getting crunch time. We've got four more days of school and then we leave for my neice's wedding in Florida the next week. Melee' has fifth grade fieldtrip to The Ballpark at Arlington, we have fifth grade graduation, eighth grade graduation, after parties, field days, laundry, laundry, and more laundry. It doesn't matter how many loads of laundry I do, I'm always behind. I've pretty much got everybody ready for the wedding, except for Charlie who's needs to go shopping for shoes and such. (But who would evidently rather put a hot poker in his eye.)



I'm looking forward to traveling, but we've never gone on a trip like this before. Can you imagine how pleased the passengers sitting around us will be? I imagine there will be sighing and eye-rolling involved. And that's if all goes well. Evidently someone told the Little's that they have to take their shoes off at the airport, and I may or may-not have told them that that's because they're checking for bombs in the shoes, I also told them that they check for stinky feet, hairy toes and toe jam. I was hoping to get them distracted from the fact that I told them about the bombs in the shoes. There is now a very real possibility that we may be detained by security.



No progress was made on the house at the end of the week. We were hoping that they were going to be doing texture on Friday and Saturday but no one came. I don't know who they think they are taking a long weekend!


As requested, this is a picture of our granite. The one on the left is Charlie's choice, the one on the right is my choice. The large tile on the bottom is the floor tile and the other two tiles are backsplash options. See the thing is, I like the black granite, but I think a) it's too much like what everybody else has and b) if I do really dark cabinetry, the overall look of the kitchen will be too dark c) if I go with the lighter ghibli granite, I can do some kind of black accent in the backsplash. Not that any of this matters. I just wanted ya'll to know why I'm right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

???Shoes??!?!??

At a beach wedding???

Anonymous said...

Justine, I just found your blog through Facebook. Too cute!!! Wow, your house looks amazing!!! Looks like everyone there is doing well! We really miss you guys down here in Spring!

Lynley

but Momma said...

Droopy-
If you know Charlie, then you know shoes are a requirement for life. For the rest of the family, they're only optional!

Lynley-
We miss you guys SO much! We may see you guys by the pool in a week or so, we'll be visiting around the 8th....