Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dum, da, Dum, Dum...

Dum, da, Dumpsters GONE!!


I love a good outline on my color pages, and my house too!
They finished the trim on the house, and since they had a bulldozer out working on a couple of foundations in the neighborhood, they brought it over and cleaned up the yard. This is the first time we've been able to see the house from the front without the giant trashcan in the way! They had also mowed down the grass so I made the mistake of walking around the house with my flip-flops on to take these pictures and the stickers are fierce! Two acres of stickers ya'll. And it's so freaky, when you walk on the dirt that just got dozed, the whole ground moves, it's like a slow motion trampoline. I'm hoping the sun resolves some of those issues, I definitely don't want the driveway to be flexible!










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain and time will take away the soft earth. Right now it has air and plant pieces in the dirt. The driveway must have "compact fill" (that is tiny rock and/or rock dust) hammered/compacted under the driveway. Expensive homes use concrete atop this, or cheaper asphalt, or gravel for that country look. In any case it needs a "base". Please show us the granite you chose...

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Wow, stunning! Absolutely gorgeous. When is move in day?

but Momma said...

Jeff -

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

but Momma said...

U.T.,

Haven't asked about compact fill yet, but I've definitely put it on the list!