Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Watch out for the Nails...

The house is coming along. Brick is done! They're working on taping and bedding this week, next week texture. It's quickly getting down to the finish details. I haven't been keeping up with the pictures or the blog.


We're mostly on time according to the newest schedule except for the exterior paint. And of course the weather is not cooperating in that area. We had rain all day today and we may have more tonight.

Ace took some pictures the last time we were out at the house. This is my daily job of going out to the house and stocking the cooler with cokes and water. Mr. Cooper thinks I'm spoiling the workers, but I'm getting good results, and it gives me an excuse to go out and check the progress everyday. We stepped on our first nail this week and of course it was Ace. Thankfully he is current on his tetnus booster.

We're winding down at school, so everybody has a lot of end of the year activities going on right now. Including an end of the year band concert Monday night which was a lot of fun. Melee' signed up for the talent show at his Intermediate School, I had to ask him what he was doing for his talent. And he said "Well, playing the piano, of course!" Of course. I had forgotten Charlie had taught him the Intro to Journey's "Faithfully". :) Well, at least I have one brave child. He said he might also play the Peanuts song his dad taught him. I think he knows about four bars of that one.

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Lookin good!

Both the house and you. Don't know if I've seen a picture of you before, but you do actually resemble your cartoon in your header a bit, so my image wasn't that far off. ;-)