Monday, January 29, 2007

Paper Dolls, The New Zen Garden

Because it rained again Saturday. I decided to take Peach over to the Scrapbook store and look for a paperdoll template. We found the one we wanted, found two shades of fair skin colored paper and as luck would have it, the store carried a die cut of the exact doll we wanted. So rather than having to trace each doll individually and cuting them out, we rolled them thru the die cut machine two at a time and came home with over a dozen doll figures to clothe.

We sat down at the table armed with markers, tape, and all my scrapbook paper. She chose the first color for her outfit, I traced and started to cut. The whole process was very relaxing, almost meditative. Well, right up until....

Ace: I want a daaaahhhl.
Me: Okay, here you go.
Ace: I want a Daddy Dahl too.
Me: Okay, there's a Daddy doll for you.
Ace: I WANT A RED SHIIRT! I WANT A RED SHIIRT!
Me: Okay Baby, but I have to cut out Peaches clothes first.
Ace: BUT I WANT A RED SHIRT!
Me: I'm working on it, give me just a sec.
Peach here's your shirt, what color pants do you want?
Ace: I WANT A RED SHIRT!
Me: I know baby, wait your turn please.
Peach: I want the same pants.
Me: Both with stars?
Ace: I WANT A RED SHIRT!
Peach: Yes, I want them to be pajamas.
(Ooo! What a cute idea! Why didn't I think of that?)
Ace: (Fist pounds on the table, he's now in tears.) I WANT A RED SHIRT!
Me: For goodness sake Ace! Here....which color red do you want? This one?
Ace: No.
Me: This one?
Ace: Mmm, no.
Me: How bout this one?
Ace: No.
Me: Okay I'm running out of red paper baby, you have to pick one.....

And so on throughout the afternoon. To my suprise all the kids wanted to make there own doll.


This is John.

My interpretation, then his, he decided he needed a nose. I was very impressed that he cut out his own shoes.










This is Melee'. He was SO creative, he added a basebell glove, ball, cap, and although his brother laughed at his third arm, it is actually his baseball bat bag thrown over his shoulder.










This is Peach. Three versions all by me. She made at least four of her own, but before I knew what she was doing, she gave them all to her cousin.

So I have none for my scrapbook. *sigh*








And THIS ladies and gentlemen, is Ace, in his red shirt.

And my naked diaper version.

1 comment:

Bonnie B said...

OH those are simply precious!!!!