Friday, January 12, 2007

What was I thinking?

I've got four twelve year old boys and a 10 year old boy coming to sleepover and go laser-tagging for John's 13th birthday.

That's a total of nine kids in my house tonight.

I'm planning on hiding in my room.

Meanwhile Ace is driving me nuts. Every three minutes he goes off like a gyser.

"MAAAAHHHHHM, I NEED CHEX MIX!"

"MAAHM, I NEED A DRIIINK!"

"MAHM, I CAN'T PUSH THIS BUTTON!"

"MAAAHHHM, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"MAAAAHHM, WHERE AARRRRE YOU?"

Shhhhh, I'm hiding in my closet.

"THE FLOWERS ARE MAKING ME HUNGRY!"

"MAAAHM, CAN I HAVE A POPSICLE?"

"MAAHM, I NEEED A POPSICLE, I'M NOT FEELIN TO GOOD!"

"I NEEED A POPSICLE!"

4 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

yup. Hide in your room. Maybe with a stash of chex mix, popsicles and some xanax for yourself!! Good luck, girl!

but Momma said...

HA! That's funny, I already have the stash of Chex Mix and while it's not xanax I do have some 10mg goodies that are are supposed to be for PMS. I feel some PMS comin on!

Pendullum said...

You are a stronger woman than most... and I bow down... and marvel at your insanity??? What you will do for your children...
Good luck woman...

Pollyanna said...

The fact that you posted after this proves you made it out alive. Whew! I totally feel ya on the Ace gyser. I wrote a post about that last year with Connor. He was driving me NUTS. I couldn't even go in the bathroom. Lawd help me, it takes sooooo very much patience to be a Momma, doesn't it?