Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yep, that about covers it. This is what we've been doing all weekend.


Party animals, the likes of which you've never seen. We had company for New Year's Eve. We stirred up a pitcher of cosmos, ate some turkey and promptly fell asleep on the couch. No, Ace didn't partake of the Cosmos, but he did manage to stay awake till ten. This is a picture of him trying to be awake after his nap today.


We watched the ball drop in Times Square and we tried not to laugh at Dick Clark because that would just be wrong, but dude, it's over. Produce the thing, be the boss, wish us a Happy New Year, but....well, it's just over. And they hyped, and they hyped, and they hyped until we couldn't help ourselves.


Me: "It's unbelievable!"
Charlie: "I'm incredulous!"
M: "I'm stunned."
C: "I'm overwhelmed!"
M: "I'm ubiquitous. Wait I don't know what that means."
C: "I'm irrelevant."
M: "I'm ambivilent."

And we couldn't continue because we were giggling at ourselves too hard and the Grey Goose Vodka rendered our brains useless.

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Oh, what a precious little sleeping face. Happy New Year!

yerdoingitwrong said...

Sounds like a perfect way to ring in the NY. And mmmmmm......cosmos. yummy! 2007 has to be a good one when it's kicked off with such a lovely cocktail!!!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I don't know what ubiquitous means either, but it made perfect sense to me in your conversation.

Happy New Year!

Pendullum said...

Sounds like the ideal NY minus Dick...
Hope you have a fabulous 2007 and look forward to reading all about your trials and tribulations...
Now pass that Cosmo elixer over here...

Bonnie B said...

The thought of Grey goose makes me feel positively gregarious today. i don't know why I am loquacious-- it's an engima to me. Perhaps it's just the thought of Dick, some goose and a ball that drops-- ridiculous!