Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mother's Day Out, Squared



I'm having a mini-vacation! Charlie's taking a day and a half off, so that I can cruise down to my Mom's and go kicking around First Monday Trade Days. Miles and miles of flea markets and crafts and food and clothes and food and wrought iron and lemonade and purses and things on a stick.

I'd never do First Monday by myself because it would be like going to a gigantic garage sale which I despise, so I would drift helplessly toward the arts and crafts where I would buy armloads of wooden crafts with hearts carved in them and get home and think "What in the *@&! was I thinking?" But my Mom and Aunt are excellent tour guides and do not allow purchases of anything carved in wood.

I'm so desperate to get out of these four walls. The weather man just said that out of the last 20 days we've had twenty days of precipitation. AAACCCKKK! So sorry to anyone who lives in that kind of climate BY CHOICE! I would go out of my ever-lovin mind! And three days being kid-free will be a nice break. Maybe Charlie will have that three-week progress report all ironed out by the time I get home.

It could happen.

3 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

Have a wonderful and therapeutic time! Wish I could join you!!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Man, that sucker's huge! Sounds like tons of fun to me!

Bonnie B said...

Have a handy dandy fantastic time! What fun to puruse all those vendors-- think of the treasures!