Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First Day of Resolutions

Email to my husband after talking to him on the phone today:

Subject: Smoke on this SpongeBob Grouchy Pants

You say being on a diet is different than quitting smoking.

Sure, I know what you're thinking, I can still eat. You're right, I can. I can run over to the grocery store and buy me a big bag of effin carrots and PARTY! I can eat all the effin carrots I want. From the time I get up in the morning till I go to bed at night! WHOO-HOO!

Well, guess what? You can smoke if you want to. Go ahead. Go down to the local Feed Store and get you a big bale of alfalfa. Smoke all the effin alfalfa you want.

Party on Wayne!

Your Loving Helpmeet,
=;

5 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

hahahaha. I might need to send this to my own hubby. That is too funny!

Ashley Lasbury said...

Does he have nicotine patches stuck all over his body?

I am wishing him the best of luck. As for me I have gone "no refined sugar, no wheat". If I can stick to it I will be as slender as a reed in no time. Hang in there, Momma, you can do it. And think how great you'll feel!

Pollyanna said...

Yeah, but the thing of it is this....you can live without smoking, but you can't live without eating. And so it's a hard fine line to walk with the stupid dieting, you know what I mean? It's not like you can just give up the bad habit of eating like you can smoking! :)

but Momma said...

Amen, sister.

Bonnie B said...

Well you two could support each other-- you could take up smoking to help kick the chocolate cravings and he could take up chocolate to help kick the nicotine --- or you could both got to the feedstore and fill up on alfalfa