Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Man! You guys look great on my new 19"LCD monitor! Merry Christmas to me!

We've been on the road, met Charlie in Dallas. Visited with my Dad and Stepmom. Made a quick dash to Canton to visit with Mom and pick up a new bed for John. Got to go out to eat with Charlie one night sans kids and had a wonderful steak at the FourWinds Steakhouse. (Two thumbs up if you're ever between Dallas and Canton and just feel like stopping in the middle of nowhere for a fine dining experience. Back to Dad's for a pre-Christmas gift exchange with my brothers family, then back home on Saturday. John's birthday was yesterday and then here it is Christmas day. Whew...

Peach barfed in the new car (if it's three months old, can I still call it new?) about Huntsville. You should have seen the kids bail out when I pulled over. Not that I blame them. I don't do vomit. I can do poop all day long, but not vomit. Never underestimate the intestinal fortitude required to be a Mom. "Dude, DON'T! Because if you hurl, I'm totally gonna blow chunks." It just doesn't sound the same when you're talking to the five year old. Ace and Melee' had run fever and been sick in general over a week ago, but just when I thought it was going to miss the rest of us, the Black Plague landed. Well, maybe just a couple of really bad head colds and a little bit of car sickness. Keeping the holidays challenging.

Santa was very good to us and I hope he was very good to you all! Merry Merry! God Bless! And a Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Pollyanna said...

Yeah! Now you can see my blog font on your new screen. :) We have a 19' monitor too and i LOVE it. LOVE it.

I am puke challenged too, i cannot stand it. I can't imagine having one of the kids barf in the car. EWWWWWW. Hope you got the yucky smell out!

yerdoingitwrong said...

WOW! You guys were busy, but it all sounds fabulous. Well, all except for the barf. Glad your holiday was a good one. Happy NY!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Nothing like a good car barf to help you remember a road trip. I can still list every detail of the time my daughter did the same thing - FIVE YEARS AGO!

Happy holidays!!!

Ashley Lasbury said...

Oh, you have me peeing my pants. I am flashing back to last year. Christmas Eve. The kids and I headed from my sisters to church. To usher for the candle light service. When my boy announced that his tummy felt sick. That he was going to be sick. I grabbed the only bag handy, my purse, emptied the contents onto the car floor and threw it at him in the third row seat. He caught it, a pro, and proceeded to hurl into my bag for the next 15 minutes. He was crying. Then all of the rest of them started crying because of the smell. So I opened the windows...only it was 15 degrees below zero. I could go on...but I won't.

Needless to say, we missed the service. The first time in 14 years that we have not attended that service. I had a good excuse...barfing kid.

Do you ever feel as though you don't get paid enough for this job?

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you for your friendship and for the laughs. Only one who is living it can truly feel your pain... and joy.