Sunday, March 22, 2009

Working on the Railroad


This is a picture of my sad, sad flowerbed. This picture is AFTER I spent two days pulling grass out of the flowerbed.

Mom and I went to Lowe's and bought six plants and six bags of mulch and three rolls of weed control.









Saturday Charlie and I got out and started working the weed control. I had saved boxes and boxes of paper from the move. So we planted the three hibiscus, and layered the paper and covered it with the weed control.
















Then we poured on the mulch. We only got this first section done when we realized we were going to need more mulch. So back to Lowe's we went, where Charlie got flower happy. We came back with 8 bags of mulch, 12 lillies, a flat of verbena, 3 one gallon african daisies, 9 small crotons, and three lantana.









John loves to jump in and help. Right as we're finishing things up. :)


















This is as far as we got by the end of the day on Saturday. We broke at 5:00 so we could shower up and take the kids to play putt-putt golf, and laser tag. I can't show you those pictures, because I forgot my camera. The good news is that, it was 3-D golf in blacklight, and laser tag outside in the dark, so you wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway. This morning, we could hardly move. Keep in mind, I've already put in two days, so I've been limping around the house for a few days. Now Charlie feels my pain. Today we finished planting, and mulching, plus Charlie had to dig a trench and put a drain line from the down spout under the sidewalk to drain out in the yard. Then after we went out for dinner, he went out and mowed the front yard and weed eated. Back to school on Monday and the daily grind continues. Tomorrow, I'll show you the finished product.




A.J. thinks she's the Queen of Sheba.




3 comments:

Stephanie Chase said...

Hey chica! I am still learning how to leave comments! I've tried several times and couldn't get it to work! I"m going to see if this one goes through! Love ya! Steph

Stephanie Chase said...

Hey! I'm still trying to figure out how to leave comments. It's driving me CRAZY!!!

Ann(ie) said...

That is a LOT of damn work, girlie!!! Your house looks so pretty!