Friday, March 06, 2009

Happy Breathing!


I almost feel human. Much better today. I went back to the Doc for a recheck, they were kind of worried. I looked so much improved that he gave me a big hug when he walked in the door.
Trinity Mother Frances is just like Cheers, and I'm Norm. Everybody knows my name. I walk in and they all shout "Justine!"

My orders are to keep doing what I'm doing, and I have to do breathing treatments for a MONTH! At this point though, I'll stand on my head if that's what they tell me to do because there is no way I can ever have this again. Talk about grateful. Never has a person been so grateful for being able to take a breath. That whole oxygen thing is NOT overrated! And evidently my body LOVES oxygen. I go back and have another chest x-ray on my birthday. Oxygen, X-ray, cake. I told ya'll this thing would end with cake, didn't I.

Mom went with me and said "No exercise, right?" (As if I'm complaining about not getting my workout in.) And he says, "As tolerated. For instance, if you went home and got on your bike and drove out of the drive-way, you'd probably fall down halfway down the block. I call that a sign from above."

At this point I need to take a minute and do a public service announcement and say, for everybody who still has a pack of cigarettes in their possession. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame on you. Put em down, walk away, take a big ol' breath of air. I'll say it again, I have never felt so horrible in my whole life. I detest guilt as a form of manipulation, but shame, shame, shame.

John's Spring Concert is about to get underway. He was of course disappointed that I wouldn't be coming, but when I had to bow out, that meant none of the kids went either. He was pretty upset. But hopefully Charlie will get some of it on video.

3 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

sheeeeesh, girl. Talk about the damn wringer! I'm with you on the ciggies.....SO glad Matt quit. Saves us money and I'd like him around a while thankyouverymuch! You getting caught up on all that lovely reality tv?????

but Momma said...

There's not enough reality TV in my opinion! Thank goodness for celebrity apprentice! It was a loooong week with NOTHING on!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!