Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Duece of Cakes




We made our very first scratch cake today for my birthday. It's a Chocolate Mint Cake with Chocolate Mint frosting from the Nestle Toll House recipe book. John helped me make the cake, Melee' greased and floured the pans, Peach helped me make the frosting, and Ace helped me frost the cake. Of course everyone helped me eat it! We declared it DELICIOUS! Not beautiful, but definitely tasty.


This was my best birthday yet! When I got up I found that Charlie and the boys not only stayed up till midnight watching Lord of the Rings, they also decorated the kitchen and hung clovers all around, complete with a princess crown! Went to the Dr. got a clean bill of health! Got a new Tony Romo jersey, some Paula Deen cookware, and a gift card to Old Navy! For dinner Mom came over and we had steaks on the grill, some roasted potatoes, a salad and garlic bread.

I think I could get the hang of this birthday thang! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better and had such a great birthday! I want that recipe - it sounds YUMMY! Happy Birthday.

Ann(ie) said...

You have a very cool bday, btw!!! St. Paddy's would be a good day to celebrate aging. AND you look fabulous, dahling. Now pass me some of that cake!