Tuesday, March 03, 2009

How Do I Feel?

Like I've had it.

I'm at the end of my rope.

How long can a person be sick without going crazy.

About 8 days.

I went for my recheck yesterday and I'm feeling better. I've made it up the scale from "speed of a sloth" to "speed of a turtle".

P.A. Mike said, "You want to see your x-rays?"
"Oh! Can I?"
"Sure! You should, it's a Doozie!" (I like Mike the P.A.)
So I got to see my lung that looks like it's almost filled to the top with smoke.
"Do I have to cough all that out!?"
"Oh no, it just clears up." (thank the lord, cause that would literally be hawking up a lung.)

Mom had spent the day with me, so she helped me put the house to rights. And by help me, I mean she put the house to rights, while I waited for her to sit down so we could watch Celebrity Apprentice on my DVR.

When I got home from my appt. she brought the kids home from school and we lined everybody out and I took Melee' with me to go to Ace's first soccer practice. He was my legs and lungs on the field. It was slightly amusing watching them herd chickens for a while. The best part was that we're practicing by a lake, the field is fenced off with chain-link and just when she had gotten every one of the five year olds into position, one kid yell's "I SEE A GATOR!" and they all go tearing over to the chainlink fence. Priceless.

Then when we got home Mom was gone and Charlie was finshing grilling the chicken I had left for him. And with the help of two tums and a prilosec (Dr. approved) I was able to eat a small piece of chicken and some green beans. All in all sounds like a two-thumbs up kind of day right?

There's just something about going to bed that's just killing it for me. I was exhausted when I got home. I haven't driven a car in a week! A WEEK YA'LL! I could hardly hold my head up at eight. After I kissed the Little's goodnight, I hung in till around 8:30 and then finally just had to give in and go to bed. My body is tired, but I'm not tired. I want to go to bed and sleep, but I can't. I've had my breathing treatment, I just want to lay down. And then the coughing starts. It's not gut wrenching or anything, just a nusance. And I cough and I turn and I cough some more and I roll over again and then I blow my nose and then I cough some more and then I get a drink of water and wai t - I got it - I got it - no. More coughing. cough. cough. roll. shift. cough. cough. 20 minutes later. potty break. We start over again. By nine thirty my mind is racing like I'm running a marathon.

What is WRONG WITH YOU!
I'M NOT TIRED!
YES YOU ARE, YOUR EXHAUSTED GO TO SLEEP!
I CAN'T, YOU WON'T QUIT COUGHING!
YES I CAN just give me a sec.
IT BEEN AN HOUR!
It's all got to settle to the horizontal plane.
YOUR LUNG'S NOT THAT BIG!
YOU HEARD HIM SAY IT'S A DOOZIE!
IF YOU'RE NOT ASLEEP IN FIVE MINUTES, I'M GETTING BACK UP.
OKAY THEN SHUT-UP!

So when I got up at three-thirty to go to the potty and started coughing as soon as I layed down, I should of just gotten right back up. But I rolled around for an hour before I decided to get up and have a banana and make a glass of ice tea. If I drink another glass of water I'm gonna hurl. So I decided to take my crazy talk and write it down because I don't think I should be eating banana's, drinking tea and and talking crazy to myself at four-thirty in the morning. I'm not sure the Dr. would think I'm getting well.

No comments: