Monday, October 08, 2007

Sunday

Sunday was less productive than yesterday. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed with Charlie's impending departure to Dallas on the horizon. I went to Wally World and shopped for groceries by myself in peace. Then we....

Loaded the trailer of motorcycles and added the game chairs out of the playroom, along with my first six boxes (OMG! DID I ONLY PACK SIX BOXES? IT FELT LIKE FIFTY!) and took them over to storage.

Charlie replaced the two rotted outside plugs with new GFI plugs. He finished installing the powder room faucet. I continued to pack more boxes. I got the playroom totally finished and the tables and chairs got put back together. One room complete. Only 11 more to go. I completely packed the Littles room and took out two small dressers and a doll house (off to storage). Got Melee's room completely packed and in good shape. (For those keeping score, that's 3 rooms down, 9 more to go.) I spent the better part of the day avoiding John's room. He's a bigger pack rat than I am and his room gives me the hives. And seeing as how I still have TWO GIGANTIC zits on my face, I can't afford hives. We loaded up a round table with four chairs, the dressers, the piano, the dollhouse and a few more boxes and headed back to storage. Charlie finished taking down all the vines and scraping the back of the house. I tried to put the kids to work powerwashing the sidewalk and after a curse-filled twenty minutes, realized that the hand-me-down powerwasher was officially broken. *&%$#!

We wound down to a snails pace sometime in the evening and I put the littles in the tub and sent Charlie back to the storage facility with a load of amplifiers and a couple more boxes. He came home and textured the ceiling and put my light back up over the dining room table. Sunday's final box count, around fifteen.

The carpet cleaner called this morning and I have a 2:00 appointment today. I still need to call someone about some wood replacement on the outside of the house and we have a call pending to a countertop refinisher. I have a box of books to take to the used book store, dry cleaning to drop off, an appointment with my trainer. I have to paint the ceiling, sand and paint around the microwave, sand and paint around the upstairs bathroom light fixtures, take out four more hefty bags full of trash, put 3 more boxes in the garage and four bags of clothes to give away.

All that, and as of this morning, I'm the ED Low Scorer of the week in my Fantasy Football League! I still have a chance seeing as how I have 3 players to go in tonight's game, but what are the odds ILLEGAL USEoMY FOOT can raise my score from 23 to over 100 to catch Intentional Pounding?

GO COWBOYS!!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Ain't it funny how you end up fixing all those dumb little things that have been broken for years - and it only takes a few hours to fix them all?

My wife always threatens to put our house up for sale just so I'll fix the little things and we can throw out all our extra crap - but not actually sell the house.

Anonymous said...

Heh, six boxes with the short notice you had is awesome! We bought our new house Aug 6 and they rented it back from us for two months. I had TWO MONTHS to pack and by the time Oct. 5 rolled around I had 4 boxes packed.