Saturday, October 06, 2007

List of Things We Did Today...

Woke up too early. (Because neither of us are able to stay asleep. And he had help of the alcoholic beverage variety.)

Went to Sonic for breakfast burritos. (Because I weigh 188 pounds. (Forty pounds down, baby!)That's why.)

Came home and waited for my hung over hubby to help me make a list of things for him to do. (I promise I'm a model of patience and virtue!)

Called in my brother Krull for reinforcements. (He's handy AND he has a truck)

Went to Home Depot and purchased all the odds and ends to do the jobs. (Plus 15 bags of mulch.)

Came home, got out my shiny new Echo weed eater, mowed down what was left of the weeds that I had not been able to take care of on Thursday, when I spent the entire day in the front yard cleaning out my flower beds and edging the lawn. (Melee' mowed for me.)

Helped my brother mulch the three flower beds in the front yard. (And by help, I mean I unloaded the last three bags of mulch out of the back of the truck.)

Meanwhile Charlie started installing three new toilet seats and two new light fixtures for the upstairs bathrooms. (If only the toilets themselves were clean.)

I cleaned out the closet under the stairs while they trimmed out the space around the microwave that we installed...how many months ago? (I found the case of CD's that Charlie was certain someone had stolen.)

Charlie fixed the bedside light fixture that had come down due to some swinging toddler mishap about six months ago. (Found a few candy wrappers under the bed. I have no idea where those came from.)

Glued dowel rods into two legs off of the kiddy furniture that we bought Peach for Christmas, that evidently the kids use to train lions with or something.

Charlie repaired the cable outlet that had been yanked out of the wall in the playroom by Ace. (Why did I have kids again?)

He has (for the most part) installed a new faucet in the powder room bath downstairs.

While he was doing all that I think I packed two boxes from the closet and one box of games. (I do my best work when someone is babysitting me.)

Made Charlie go pickup Chinese food. (Because anxiety and worry burn a lot of calories. And so does moving boxes of crap that I can't beleive I'm taking with me.)

And now I'm sitting here writing this down for you guys while Charlie is outside on the top of a 20 foot extension ladder scraping vines off the back of the house. (I hope he doesn't walk in before I finish.)

Well, I better go. I've got to go upstairs and pace around alot, looking at every item I own and wondering "Should I throw this away or pack it?" With Chase on one of my shoulders saying "Embrace the throw-away!" and me on the other, whining "But what if I neeeed it?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is exactly why I will never move again - TOO MUCH WORK!!!!!!!!!! Although, for a promotion a brand new BIGGER house I might have to rethink that. We did ours a little backwards when we left Phoenix and moved back to Dallas 9 long years ago. We left a brand new house, moved in with my parents for 3 loooong months and then bought a 25 year old house that needed a ton of updating! I am still waiting for some of the updating to happen and dream often of a brand new house. By the way - I agree with Chase - "Embrace the throw-away!!!". See you when you get to town.

Anonymous said...

P.S. CONGRATS ON LOSING 40 POUNDS!! THAT IS AWESOME.

Ann(ie) said...

You ARE on fire! I'm tired reading this. AND 40 pounds????? Damn right you deserve Sonic!! And ice cream. I'll eat some for you. =)

Pollyanna said...

Oh Lawd, how I hate moving. HATE IT. But 40 lbs, HOLY CRAP. You rock!!!!