Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More of the Same

Well it's been a week and then some and you would think I was done. But I'm not.

Last week Charlie came home Wednesday night, as I talked him into coming home for the appointment with the realtor. I love my realtor, but it only takes a couple of hours with one to decide that you are a schlub who should have really done a hell of a lot more to your house in the five years that you've been there, than you actually have! But at the end of the two hours she thought we could ask more money for the house than we thought, so we were pumped about that. My fix it list got added on to and I've got to move a gigantic armoire out of John's room. Unless I can move it to the top of the landing on the stairwell, I'm gonna need four really big football players to move the dang thing. After spending an entire day in the front yard, plus the 15 bags of mulch, she thought I needed a lot more color in the beds. I've planted 8 flats of pansies and petunias and have 10 more to go. (I have gigantic flower beds.) The countertops have their final clear glaze as of this morning and are drying as we speak. I wish I could show you a picture (but my camera's broken) because they look fabulous! Now I'm waiting on an estimate for having some woodwork done on the outside of the house w/ paint. I spent 5 hours powerwashing on Thursday while Charlie fixed all the loose boards on the back deck and got it ready to paint. We've ordered a box of hardwood flooring to repair two small boards in the den and I've got touch up painting to do to the formal dining, bar entry hall and I'm going to paint the front porch.

Oh, and you should know it's raining.

I left Saturday morning with John to go to a family reunion in the Dallas area and my Dad's 70th birthday was Friday, so we went to eat brisket and wish him a happy birthday. Charlie came up with the rest of the kids, after he had power washed the deck and returned it to Home Depot. Sunday morning we made a run out to look at the land we're looking at to build a custom house. Still no plan from the builder. And then we took a really quick run through the Highland Home on the way back to my Dad's to watch the Dallas Cowboy's loose lose.
And to add insult to injury, I have dropped to number four in my Fantasy Football league. right behind Charlie.

Sorry no humor. I'm all out of it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe It! That Charlie can coash some football. He is getting it done with defense.

but Momma said...

That Charlie can't even SPELL coach, much less coach some football! I'm gonna kick his a** to Shaboygin.

:)

Love ya man!

but Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Look who's talkin'. You can't even spell lose, which is amazing since you doing so much of it!!

but Momma said...

A POX ON MATT SHAUB! Oh wait, I think he's already got one. Sorry bout your luck, LOSER!

SPELL CHECK THAT!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Ooh - this is good stuff!

Keep going, I'm going to grab some popcorn...

Pendullum said...

Always great to hear that you can get more out of your home...
I find that the realtornormally has judgement with my 'cleaning' styles when he hasa person coming over in 15 minutes...

Pollyanna said...

Just reading all that you have to do makes me tired. I loathe moving. Hate it sooooo much. With that said I hope it goes rather swiftly for you!!