Wednesday, October 24, 2007

And now it's time for another installment of

"Moving. A Turtle's Story."

I can't believe it's been another week since last I updated...

The deck has been primered. The Armoire has been moved. Another five boxes to storage. The exterior guys got here yesterday and spent the day repairing bad spots around the house. Today they come back to finish up repairs, caulk and then power wash. Tomorrow paint. Quiver Tan at Sherwin Williams, in case you're bored enough to look it up. The stucco will be Wool Skein. My wood for the floor repair in the den is on back order and won't be in until Nov. 2nd.

THPPPPPPPPPPPPTTT!!!

The truth is, when Charlie got home last Thursday night, all I wanted to do was goof off. I'm tired of working. Maybe I'm just tired. Friday we went to Perry's Steak House for lunch. It was my first time to go (can you believe I've been here for 5 years and I haven't ever been?!) and it was so nice. It was so nice and I chose the wrong desert, so we're going again this Friday. I need a do-over on the desert. He made it seem like the deserts were just okay, so I got the Chocolate Ameretto Tart and he had the Nutty Di'Angelo. I ate half of mine and half of his. And I wanted another one of his. Saturday Melee' had a ballgame and then on Sunday we went out to eat at Pappasito's. So needless to say, output is low and my weight is high.

Actually I had a great workout Friday, another appointment on Monday and I went to "boot camp" yesterday, so I'm feeling justified. It was my first boot camp and I realized I've been working out for about nine months now and I'm out of shape! HOW THE HELL DOES THAT HAPPEN?! I can't run. We had to run from one end of the parking lot and back and I had to walk once and when I got back I was suckin wind! Charlie said, "Well, you're stronger than those other girls." and I said "Well I better be, because I'm gonna have to be able to knock your ass out, because I sure as hell can't out run you!" It SUCKS! So, I'm on a mission. I'm gonna learn how to run. I'm going this week to get some real running shoes and I'm gonna make a plan. (Does anybody have a plan? Ken? Justin? A little help here!) And I'm not going to run on the treadmill. I'm gonna actually go outside and run on the ground and everything. For more than two minutes at a time. Dammit. (I sound determined don't I.) I'll start next week. (No! Seriously. I mean it.) I have boot camp again tomorrow. Can you say shin splints? And then an appointment on Friday. Right before I go back for the Nutty Di' Angelo.

And by the way, Charlie's team beat my team in Fantasy Football. By Four points.
But this week, I'm going to do what NO ONE ELSE IN THE LEAGUE HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO! I'm taking down the undefeated Le Tit Out of Bounce.
You heard it here first.

No comments: